360 Factory Sport Exhaust | FerrariChat

360 Factory Sport Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by ShadowLAP, May 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I will have a factory Sport Exhaust with included ECU installed in the next week. I would like to know if there is a noticeable performance improvement. I am expecting a huge improvement in sound but not sure about performance

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If I remember correctly there is a 15 hp increase as stated by the dealer when I had my sport exhaust installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ShadowLAP likes this.
  3. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Post a sound clip would love to here the difference

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #4 rizzo308, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Here is a 430 exhaust fitted to a 360 with valves open and straight through. Gonna sound something like this. Short vid.... enjoy

Hypek9 and ShadowLAP like this.
  5. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I have the 430 exhaust with euro headers so no precats just nice to compare to a original

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    I don't think you would be able to tell the difference. At low revs there's probably a difference but at hi revs don't think you could pick it. When the valves open on both exhaust there the same. My car is euro so no P cats and I running top gear hi flow cats gotta love that sound........ it's intoxicating

ShadowLAP likes this.
  7. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Great input. I ordered the system for the sound, any performance improvement is frosting..

02360spider likes this.
  8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Were the Top Gear cats an easy fit, or were there problems?

ShadowLAP likes this.
  9. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I was about to order the system, but in the last minute I backed out... I feared it was going to be too loud and maybe tiresome after a while... It might make my car racier, but at the same time I might use it less due to the loud nature... Performance improvements are not that significant, but it gets REALLY loud !!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  10. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Twas pretty much a straight forward job. PITA to get the exhaust pipes level. I wanted to get them perfectly straight after p#ss arsin around for 1 hr could not get them perfect there wee bit out I can live with it. Ive seen some really bad miss aligned pipes out there on some F cars. Did you have probs fitting yours.

11. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Continental AutoSports, Hinsdale, IL is installing my system next Monday.

12. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    CS / 360 racing system is the absolute best exhaust you can fit to a 360. Well done! Getting the tail pipes level is an exercise in time and patience. Aldous Voice (AVEngineering) has great technical post on his website on fitting this system. Rear bumper will have to come off and on a few times if you want it all to line up perfectly . After a few miles usage my main muffler support bracket (brand new) developed a bit of a heat set that required some spacing on one side to get everything even and level again. You have to get them even, level, and straight! Nothing worse if they’re not. Good luck . Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ShadowLAP likes this.
  13. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Your installation looks great. I will mention your comments to my installer.

14. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    When I put mine on, not only could I tell the difference at idle and at speed as well. It is really evident on the highway next to K rails and of course bridges and underpasses! Windows dont matter at all...

I do have to disagree on the sound being the same at high revs. When the valve opens on the factory exhaust, the only change is the exhaust takes a shorter path within the muffler. On the CS/Sport exhaust, the T is outside of the muffler and when it opens, it bypasses the box almost completely, essentially running open exhaust....totally intoxicating is the best way to describe it....banshee wail at high revs....

My mechanic tells me how much he loves the sound...unlike anything else he has heard.....and he's one of the premier independents in Houston and has work on almost every 'Rarri out there....

ShadowLAP likes this.
  15. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Now I really cannot wait until Monday. I am really looking forward to the installation. "Sounds" like it will transform the car and driving experience. all of the comments are much appreciated.

16. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Just thought of another question. I disconnected and plugged the valves on my stock 360 exhaust. Not much difference in sound that at least I could hear. The Sport/CS system that I heard at the dealer had the valves disconnected and not plugged. It sounded great. Is there a difference with the Sport/CS exhaust with having the vales connected vs unconnected? The only changes to my totally stock 360 Spider will be the muffler and ECU.

17. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    This upgrade is the best ever for your 360. My valves are always open- and I have a lot of backfiring in the exhaust. Running stock ECU's.
    Once you close the valves again your neighbours will for sure give you thumbs up...hahaha. You will simply love it to bits.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  18. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    That settles it, valves will be left open. I just love the high pitch and popping and crackling sound. My neighbor has a Maserati Ghibli Sport and it sounds great but I need to be louder and more aggressive. :)

19. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Best thing...tunnelrunS!!!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  20. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    ShadowLAP likes this.
  21. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Thanks for the link. I now know exactly how the system should be installed. Again, love the sound.

22. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #22 rizzo308, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    My pipes are a wee bit off line, not by much. One side of the exhaust tips protrudes more than the other side from the bumper by 10mm or so it's no big deal. I may have another crack at lining them up when I do all my suspension at xmas.
    Cheers

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShadowLAP likes this.
  23. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    The difference is the way the exhaust valve is setup. In the CS system, the "T" where the cat connects is between the muffler and the tailpipe. When the valve opens, it dumps straight out. In the standard system, the cat connects to the muffler body itself and when the valve opens, it allows the exhaust to take a shorter path inside the muffler, but it is still in the muffler and not straight out the pipe.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  24. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Im comparing standard OEM 430 exhaust with OEM CS exhaust. Same.... same.... but different same size muffler box slightly different internals diff pipes. Valves open on both systems gives u same effect. A perfect symphony!! a sound trak like no other. The best exhaust hands down my 2c. Farkin bellisimo.

Cheers

ShadowLAP likes this.
  25. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    The exhaust system box was opened yesterday at the dealership and unfortunately, the system that was delivered was not the Ferrari 360 CS exhaust, with the ECU upgrade, but a Sport exhaust muffler only. It states "Ferrari" on the muffler box. The dealer believes it is a muffler manufactured by Tubi. I have not heard this system so the installation is on hold. Does anyone have a video/pictures of this system to help me make a decision. Much appreciated if you can help.