360 Front license plate camera wiring | FerrariChat

360 Front license plate camera wiring

Discussion in '360/430' started by vrawlani, Dec 24, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrawlani

vrawlani Rookie

Sep 4, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vinay Rawlani
    My state requires that I have a front license plate so I thought I might as well have a front license plate camera to help my parking. I have a head unit that will accept both my front and rear camera. I was able to wire through the firewall between the passenger cabin and the trunk.

Now I need to get from the trunk to the undersurface of the front center bumper. I see wires running from the drivers side electrical units heading toward the driver side front bumper air intake. I assume those wires go to the radiators and windshield washer tank. Can I fish through that opening? Will I need to take off the under panel to retrieve the wires? Where to from there?

Thanks for the help!

vinay
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Here's the general layout:

You'd want the wiring to be near the transverse acceleration sensor (mounted on the front of the frunk, behind the bumper)

3. vrawlani

vrawlani Rookie

Sep 4, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vinay Rawlani
    Thanks @Qavion. The drawing really helps confirm that it's possible. Do you what path that wire takes and what panels I need to run the camera wire along that harness with the transverse acceleration sensor? Thanks again!

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, no practical experience on the 360. According to the workshop manual, however, the front bumper must be removed.

Looks like a 2 or 3 man job (considering the weight of these things)

5. vrawlani

vrawlani Rookie

Sep 4, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vinay Rawlani
    I'm going try taking off the under panel and fish. I actually don't need to come through the bumper. Just the gap between the front bumper and the under panel

Qavion likes this.