360 GTC How much and how? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 GTC How much and how?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Matt LaMotte, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Not to beat a dead horse, but some other recent offerings:

From Cavallino #131:

1.) JMB Racing had for sale a 360 Modena N-GT. No price was listed, but contact was JMB France and also a number in Switzerland.
    2.) 550/575M GT for $450,000.00 offered by XL Racing in France.
    3.) 2001 F360 Challenge for 128,000Euros listed by Spyker Cars in Holland

Recent Symbolic Motorcars ad in Forza:

1.) 333SP Engine S/N 001 Chassis S/N 001 with recent rebuild and updates to 2002 listed for $595,000

These cars may have already sold, but it seems clear you can get a more than adequate "club racer" type car for much less than $1,000,000 and run it for less than that. It's great to see these cars kept and used in the way they were intended. I hope people continue to do that.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'm going to paint my 360GT solid color and run it on the street!

Maybe a side trip to Midas muffler! Thanks for proving my point guys.
    If you want one, they are out there! Unlike the sixties, "old race cars" are a little more expensive these days.

Now that 333SP might be a lot to bite off and chew!
    Always one of my favorites, I'd have to get Max Papis to show me how it works!

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, William H, don't get me started on the 512BB LM!
    I have an ad tacked to the wall here, with the "Pioneer" car selling for $275 US. Those days are gone! Don't know why but those things always looked huge compared to other F cars. The battleship of the fleet, as it were.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think the $1M was for the whole year, team expense and such.
    MY guys work for steaks and beer! Parts is parts.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The Million+ per year is what I still think it would cost to run a 360GTC in the full schedual of FIA races in a competive fashion.
    IMHO using one of these for a club racer or a 333 as a club racer is not for the feint of pocketbook.
    If you're seriously considering a 333 PM me.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I just want to say I think that this is sort of a shame. As someone has said, the days of some guy driving his SWB to the track, racing it, and driving it home are gone. Moreover, who is going to collect these cars in the future? We all know that a competition Ferrari from the 50s or 60s is going to need a lot of work. But a 750 Monza or James's P4 - and correct me if I'm wrong - can be driven for more than 24 hours without needing a complete overhaul. So, I think that the massive power of modern competition cars, though great in many respects, is also a shame because who is going to bother to collect and restore a 360 GTC 40 years from now like James has with the P4? Nobody - it just won't be worth it.

7. 2mnyToys

2mnyToys Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

this car has been for sale for almost a year if not more and its not at his asking price that he will shift it ...

9. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

THAT is the car that went to Germany for $300kUS plus middleman commission.

10. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    What if you did this, found a 360 GT with a blown engine and just put a 360 motor?

11. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't forget the GT has different ECU's to the road car. The ECU's also can't be "played" with. Any adjustments require sending the ECU back to Michelotto, who will relieve you of an indecent amount of money for the service. For example, when the parity rules changed for the 360 N-GT in Nations cup here in Australia, Michelotto charged 1500 Euro's to reduce the REV limit in the ECU. This would be a minutes work on a lap top if you could access the ECU. The 360 GT engine also runs restrictors and the Bosche ECU is programmed to suit.

MORE 360 N-GT's FOR SALE: Current edition of Ferrari Market Letter has 3 ads for N-GT's
    S/N 006 $375K US
    S/N 2014 $450K US including spare engine and gearbox
    S/N 2028 $325K US

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Ferrari of Washington is selling a 360GT.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ooooh, Sign me up, I need more abuse in my life :) LOL