360 Leather Key Fob Case on eBay | FerrariChat

360 Leather Key Fob Case on eBay

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bob in Makiki, Jan 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    There is a vendor in the UK selling leather key fob cases on eBay for the 360 remote. These are hard to find so I thought I would mention it. Apparently he has four left. I have navy blue upholstery, and the navy blue fob covers match it quite well. I also bought a red one, just because I had not seen one available before. The leather is pretty good quality, but thin, and the fit is acceptable, but not perfect. The price is quite reasonable -- 27 GBP. I attach a photo of the ones that I bought, and here is the eBay link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-FOB-security-remote-control-leather-case-keyless-entry-key-transmitter/162750192893?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Image Unavailable, Please Login

kes7u likes this.
  2. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    A bit femme, no?

3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wish they had the tan. Mine is a little bit beat up. Would love a replacement!

Kevin

4. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    buy one and re-dye in whatever colour you want :)

kes7u likes this.
  5. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    kes7u likes this.
  6. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    bought one, three left!

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  7. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I have a pre-owned black one in my parts bin. Pay me for shipping and it's yours.

8. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    That's a generous offer, Mark. I hope someone takes you up on it!

9. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I'm working at home today and just took a look. It could pass for new.

I've had it just sitting for probably 2 years. Do you think enough people use these where I should be stocking them for the fob work I do?

10. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Mark, PM sent

11. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Be careful with those Bob. I had one that came with my car. Over time I had issues with the FOB that was inside of it. I took it apart and the one that I had stored in the leather had more corrosion inside than the one that I kept out. I stopped using it thinking the leather was holding moisture. Truth is that I am not sure how it was treated by the original owner of the car but I couldn't take the chance. I now follow a strict regimen of replacing the batteries frequently and wiping the terminals with DeoxIT. Also I try to stay away from Duracell batteries. They weep after a while in the humid air here. I think I am running Varta batteries now.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/.f

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Funny, I only use Duracells because I have never had one leak with the dozens of fobs I have handled.

13. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Thanks Kevin, that's good advice. I'll keep an eye on the fobs. I'm not sure why the leather would hold moisture, but it might. Our place is air conditioned, so it is not as humid as being in the open air, but it is still worth keeping in mind.

Mark, you ask if you should stock these for the fob work you do -- I don't know the answer to that. If you do a search here, I think you will find that the last time these were available was several years ago. But if this eBay vendor offers them again, it might not be worth your trouble. And, as note above, I suspect a number of people would prefer tan, like the OEM covers. Those can be found, but are quite expensive.

kes7u likes this.
  14. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Out here any toy, remote or anything that you set and forget and maybe find a year later has a >50% chance of being wrecked with duracels in them!

15. MCASEY

MCASEY Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    I would buy a burgundy red one. If available.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The OEM covers came in multiple colors to match the interior of the Ferrari. Ferraris with colored stitching in the interior even came with color stitching on the fob cover. Beige covers only came with Beige interiors. A cursory look on Maranello Classic Parts' site shows Nero (8500), Bordeaux (4481), Crema (3997) and Beige (4208) still available from the factory. Not sure if this is true, but worth asking. I am sure they still have some of the weird colors available, too. Did not look any further for the other colors but I have a Charcoal cover for my daily use fob and a Bordeaux and Beige one for my two other fobs. They are expensive, though, at around $70.

Kevin- Our experiences have been exactly the opposite on Duracel. They have been by far the most reliable and least likely to leak of any batteries I have used. I have gone through dozens of MN21/23s for multiple sets of fobs, hundreds of AAs, and dozens of AAA and have never had one leak. There are a dozen MN21/23s sitting in my battery drawer right now along with 3 dozen AAs, and two dozen plus AAAs.

17. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin

I don't doubt you. I never had problems in Southern California either but out here??? fuhgetabaudit....

18. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ordered an OEM FOB cover in Crema from Ricambi a few months ago . About $50. Don't know what their stock situation is now.

19. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Yep, If you want the original beige (which I think most people would probably prefer), you can find the OEM part sometimes. I just bought two from Eurospares and Scudera seems to have them here in the U.S. About $50 seems right. It is part no. 065259705, I think. Photo attached:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #20 knocker, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Schedoni italy will make to order in the exact leather interior colour of your Ferrari go on website have a look and email they are very helpful.

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- The only people who want Beige fob covers are likely those who have Beige interiors. Admittedly the most popular color for US V8 interiors.

22. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Thanks Taz; you may be right! I guess I had assumed that because the tool kit case and owner's manual cases were beige leather, regardless of interior leather colors, that all the OEM leather key fob cases were originally beige, too. But I agree -- I like the navy fob covers that match my navy interior.

Adrian: Thanks for the note about Schedoni Leather! Custom fob covers sound amazing -- but I'm guessing also expensive!

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Part number for the Blu Scuro (3282) fob cover is 65259702. Have to check with Maranello Classic Parts for availability. Some of the fob covers are NLA, like Sabbia, but this one does not show that.

24. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu