360 Modena in Australia | FerrariChat

360 Modena in Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 360michael, May 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360michael

360michael Rookie

Feb 21, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1 360michael, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,
    Have been on the forum for a couple of months and have learnt so much about my car thanks to the contributors on here. I'd like to share some of my experiences with the car so other future or present 360 owners can understand theirs better too.

I purchased my red 360 F1 modena in November 2012 with approx 40k miles. A higher mileage example, however I can tell you that the car has been pretty much flawless. A thorough PPI revealed a car that had been extremely well looked after by its previous owners in the UK. Being the first owner in Australia, I was weary of corroded suspension components etc from salt on UK roads, and obviously less well maintained and accident damaged examples making their way over here. I was glad to find that none of the above issues existed with mine.

I have since travelled another 4 or so thousand miles (6000kms) and the car has been nothing but amazing. It certainly isn't the fastest on the road, and coming from a modified Evo X would struggle to keep up on a twisty road, however the sound (tubi exhaust) and way it looks and feels can not be compared to. Have not regretted my purchase for a minute.

I recently upgraded to a CS TCU on the advice of many on the forum, and the results are fantastic. It really is a no brainer if you can afford the outlay, as I'm certain it could be sold in future without much of a loss should I wish to, not to mention the anticipated increase in clutch life.

I have had the cold start issue that has been a topic of discussion too. After replacing the MAFs the issue still persisted, so I took the advice to try a bottle of techron 5000. I must admit I was sceptical, however unbelievably this has solved my problem! Again without the forum I would probably have been changing oxygen sensors and throttle bodies...

The attention level is as expected - I would say the vast majority of which is positive, however be prepared for some random negative comments as well. Perhaps the fact that I'm a relatively young ferrari owner at 35 brings out the jealousy in some people. No doubt a ferrari is used as a symbol of success and wealth to many, however I fall into the category of buying it for its racing pedigree, advanced engineering (for its time) and gorgeous lines. Ignore the bad and let those who too appreciate the car experience it with you.

One last thing to say is that it never ceases to amaze me how a forum and vehicle like this can allow people to communicate together from all over the world, all sharing a common passion. Anyway, for now here are some pictures of my baby...enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    But Michael, how can we take you seriously - it is red!
    Welcome.

3. Steve Harkness

Steve Harkness Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2012
    perth Australia
    Full Name:
    steve Harkness
    Welcome mate!! I look heaps on f chat but don't post much as I'm too busy playing with my toy!! Hey I have a 355 which I purchased in the UK and shipped to west OZ last year!! Just wanted to say buying an import is nothing to worry about in my opinion as I'm originally from Ireland before moving over here ten years ago. I really can't understand why people are afraid of UK cars re corrosion etc as let's face it a lot of Aussies live within 2 Kms of the ocean and trust me that leaves their cars more prone to corrosion than imports!!! Anyway enjoy your car as much as possible,I drive mine without fail every weekend rain,hail or shine,and drive it hard mate. Like the 360 but the 355 is king ha ha

4. jebzter

jebzter Rookie

Jun 20, 2013
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jeb
    Fair Dinkum, Mate!