360 Modena Sitting | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Modena Sitting

Discussion in '360/430' started by mvespo348, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    God that car just looks unhappy. I think Carbon and I might have a mission on our hands. (CUE THE JAMES BOND MUSIC)

2. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Did the car just appear on 10/03 or did you see it before that? Have you ever seen the owner? I would be inclined to go down and try and see if anyone is home and introduce myself just to see what is up, or at the very least pull the cover down all the way. That makes no sense to leave the car there, and if it has not moved they probably could not get out of the garage with any other car, leading me to believe the owner might have died and the car is just sitting there. Does that home ever show signs of life, or have you ever seen any?

3. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    if he leaves the key, i'll start the engine every Sunday...and he can come visit it anytime he wants....leave him a note for me...perfect storage weather here...no snow...very little rain...

just email me..

ps...this offer applies to anyone with a 360,550,575 or Enzo...I have plenty of room..

youre welcome..

Bill

4. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I noticed the car in early 10-03 as I was driving one day. I really don't know how long it has been sitting there. Actually someone has to watch it because on my lunch today I drove past the street where the car is and the cover was pulled down. Once the weather gets a little nicer I plan to stop by in my f car and introduce myself. Who knows maybe the key will be thrown my way by the owner to keep it properly exercised.

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    At least someone is watching it...I would almost ask a neighbor if they knew what the deal was. You ever see anyone at that house, even before that?

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I suppose this is a little creepy, but do this:

1. Write down the house address, then use http://www.domania.com/ to search the recent sales and stuff on the house.

2. Using the address, use a reverse-lookup directory on the net and find the owners name.

3. "Google" his/her ass, and find out what they do/where they work.

4. In most states, you can search vehicle registrations on-line, once you have the address or Owners last name. Try that.

All in all, is amazingly easy to build a profile of just about anybody using the public records on the net. Once we know more about the owner, perhaps we can stage an intervention. Come to think of it, maybe a "liberation" would be more appropriate!

7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Maybe Im just a sicko, but does anyone else think those 2 pix are sexy in a way? Kinda like seeing a girl with her dress hiked up, just revealing alittle of the good stuff. LOL

OK I gotta go lie down for a bit.

8. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I'd guess that there is something better in the garage and the Ferrari sits outside. I knew of a similar local situation. There was a 1965 Corvette coupe that sat in a driveway under a cover for about 10 years that I knew about. The cover would get to the point of "rot away", then a new cover would appear on it. The car is not in the driveway anymore, but I think the guy must have put it in the garage. Several people tried to buy it, but he always turned them down. So I guess it finally made it into the garage. Unlike another 1965 Corvette that I know about. It sat outside in a side yard from about 1969 through the 1970s. The guy moved across town and the car was then left sitting outside a house trailer next to a 55 gallon drum that was used for trash burning. When I last saw the car, it look like a bleached carcass. But of course, someday the guy is going to restore it, so NO, it was not for sale.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for the pics. That is sad to see. It brings a tear to my eye, but maybe he has an Enzo in the garage?:)
    Erik

10. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I've figured it out. It's so simple when it all falls into place. The car obviously belonged to DES who was getting a little behind on the payments. That's why he had to change his name to Carbon. If the repo man comes-a-knockin', he can TRUTHFULLY claim that it's not MY car and I don't know HOW it got there. And he can drive it at will, because even if he's stopped by the cops, he KNOWS that DES did NOT file a stolen vehicle report on the car and he can just say that DES, the owner, gave him permission to drive the car. And of course that's all true. And even if they try to locate DES to verify everything, it's a dead end. Pretty sneeky. My hats off to you DES,...er Carbon,...er NNO, whatever.

11. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    add me in!

12. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  13. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    YOU SAID IT! What a tease! :D

14. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I think it's a Fiero conversion kit. No one would leave a 360 out like that.

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I hope you are joking...it is a very real car, sadly.

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Any idea what DOES get the garage?

17. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been asking around to some friends in town to see if anyone knows who owns this f car. The only thing I was able to find out is that supposedly who ever it is, owns a Heating and Air Condition company in NY.

18. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ...and leaves his Ferrari outside in New Jersey??

19. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    knock on the door and just introduce your self. Show up with ur f-car though so wait till the weather breaks :)
    ERik
    bring back details

20. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Hiding it from soon to be ex???

21. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Somebody needs a new battery

22. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I agree, knock on the door and introduce yourself. I would, especially if the car was in my neighborhood.

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Updates on this...or at least more pics? :D

24. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Update. Still in same spot! We are due to have a snow storm here over the next couple of days. I will swing by and snap some shots. Sad to have to say this but it still has the snow from last snow fall all over it. I will keep everyone posted. Michael

25. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    That's just stupid. Even if he has a billion in the bank, he's just wasting money. And if he sells the car for cheap the guy getting it isn't getting a great car. I don't like this thread. I'm going to my room to pout. humph!