360 Modena Sitting | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Modena Sitting

Discussion in '360/430' started by mvespo348, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    For christs sake pull that cover down! Wipe the snow and water off and please pull that cover all the way down. It's like seeing my teenage daughter with the skirt hiked up around her waist. It's just wrong.

2. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Updates? :)

3. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been meaning to take a picture. I have just been busy but I see it daily and it is under alot of snow right now. I will snap a picture within the next 24. Michael

4. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I would love to be there when the guy finally comes to get it and realizes how much harm he has done....the paint has to be screwed up by now. Ugh.... :(

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Two things to say:
    1) the owner doesn't deserve to own this car!
    2) have you seen anyone go in or come out of the house in all this time? If not, let the police go knock on the door. Seems suspicious to me. Maybe even try a neighbor.

**At least offer to start up the car! (battery probably dead by now)

Let us know what happens.

6. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ok friends, here it is! 2-6-04. Sorry for being so late, the picture might not be as good I took it this morning with my cell phone to give you guys something. "Modern Technology"

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I felt guilty leaving my S2000 out this winter but I don't feel so bad now! In addition to the snow being left on the car the fact that the cover keeps blowing off means that it is blowing around on the car and scratching the paint. I have my car outside but I have an outdoor cover on it and I have it tied down so it can't blow around and scratch the paint. I also remove the snow from it after every storm.
    I'm wondering if this is the result of maybe a divorce kind of a twist on the old story were a women gets her husbands hi-end car in a divorce and sells it for $5.00. It could be the ex got the car and is leaving it out to torture her former husband or wife.

8. battman

battman Karting

Dec 1, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Jeff Batt
    I'm certainly feeling better about my 328 giving my Jeep "the boot" out of my 2 car garage!

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm sure when the owner read Alan's posts about how much better the Gallardo is than the 360 he gave up and deceided to abandon his 360.

10. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

No way....thats just so sad to leave a piece of italian machinery rotting on the drive like that..

hey guys put out an apb on the guy...

11. prova4re

prova4re Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Ontario Canada
    Someone knows its there, they shoveled the side walk right next to it.
    You should install a web cam across the street, so we can log on daily to see how its doing.

12. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    isn't that how the joke goes? we fill our garage with worthless junk and stick our thousand dollar investments outside of it?

maybe he lost the key and can't move his car?

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    When the snow clears around here I am half tempted to drive to New Jersey to find out what the deal is....maybe they are hurting for cash, cannot afford insurance, and will sell it cheap. :)

14. Mako98PonyGreenComendator

Feb 5, 2004
    DIDN'T WE ALL, JAMES? MADE A NICE PLANTER THOUGH. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A LAMBO RACECAR TOO? OH, THAT'S RIGHT...THERE AREN'T ANY! ;)

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I am really curious to find out the story behind this 360....someone has to ask the people at the house what is going on. If done politely, I am sure it would be alright.

16. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    That picture from the camera phone does not even look like the 360 really...maybe it was just because of the rain on the window.

17. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I know it is not a good picture but if you look at the 2 others I posted you will see the same surroundings. Yes, it was raining that morning after it snowed the night prior and there was a lot of slush on the ground. I will stop by as soon as the weather gets better to ask about the car and who the owner is. I'm as curious as everyone else to know the story behind the sitting Modena. I get sick seeing it like that everyday and I see it every day! So far I can confirm rosso corsa, challenge grill, red calipers. I would like to know the interior color and if it is and F1 or 6 spd. Hopefully I will find out soon enough.

18. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Do you mean knock on the door and ask about the car? I'd love to see how *that* conversation goes. :)

19. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Why don't you try to make a super low offer. Say $50K. You could drop a nice letter with the offer?

AW

20. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    I'd try to start the conversation by making an offer. "Like I've noticed this car out here since last summer, is it for sale?"

21. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    this story is getting old.....go knock on the door! we can't stand the suspense!

22. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

It would not be that hard....just greet them, preface the comments by telling them you are a car enthusiasts, and are just wondering about the Ferrari that has been sitting there for several months....most people will understand and talk to you.

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ...and so the car sits...and sits...and sits.... :(

24. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name: