360 Modena Sitting | Page 5 | FerrariChat

360 Modena Sitting

Discussion in '360/430' started by mvespo348, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    Updates????

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Whats going on now? Someone stop by and find out?
    Erik

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, what's shakin'...? Anything...?

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Maybe it's a Jersey thing!

When I lived in North Jersey (Franklin Lakes)...there was a house in a neighboring town (Wykoff) that had a Boxer, Daytona, and a 328 that rotated among the 1 car garage.

It was a similar situation where the cars were worth way more than the house. This was in the early 80's...maybe he moved and consolidated his collection!

Ciao

Dino

5. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ok, I drive by today at lunch time and snap a quick picture with my cell. I tried to zoom in on it and I cannot do anything about the size. One thing I noticed was the porch light was out, Humm

6. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    This story is so far beyond weird now it is almost ridiculous. The owner might very well be dead, but I am wondering who shoveled the path down the driveway in the previous pictures? Who keeps fixing the car cover? If nobody answers next time, just ask a neighbor. If you are driving your Ferrari and ask a neighbor what the heck the deal is, they will probably understand. If I had the time, I would drive out there...I have been trying to figure out how to make the time for about a month now.

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Thats it's Im STEaling IT!!

Its a Ferrari LAW - if the engine is not started for 30 days the car is up for grabs.

8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Can anybody run the plate and see what address comes back on it?

9. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Okay, what city is this car in? I have some free time in a couple of weeks, and am thinking I may road trip it out there to find out what the deal is. Anyone??

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    This is interesting as this thread is getting more posts. So the car has been parked for more than 6 months now(?), but someone is attending the car (based on snow removed & the way the cover is fixed) There's no one answered on 1 weekend. Did anyone try to visit during weekday nights? Did anyone leave a message at the door asking for 360's info?

My speculation is that the owner of this car is not the owner of this house. Probably their friend/relative is going to be out of the town for extensive period, so it was left to the owner of this house to be taken care of. The owner of the house thought it was cool first, but after finding out the insurance of 360 expired, he may got scared of damaging it or vandalism.
    So the car is now just sitting there.

Just speculation here.

Yoshi

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

One way or another....I think we all want to know what the deal is. Any updates....any more pictures??? PLEASE!!! :D

12. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I will take a picture of the car today and also might have some very interesting information. I waiting on a phone call. I will keep everyone posted.

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Knock on the guys door!!!!!!!!!
    Erik

14. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    For crying out loud guys, you act like you have never seen a car with snow on it! ....
    Burn the heretic, he's in league with lucifer, his Ferrari is parked outside!

Stop being such little girls and get on with your life's.

15. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

But DAVE I dont wanna!

16. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK, The car is registered to a company out of NYC it is a 2000 360. I put a call into them and spoke to a woman who knows the house, car etc. She is going to have someone call me back. Hopefully I can get the scoop. I'm now starting to think this is how someone decided to store it for the winter. I just hope a good mechanic brings it back to life. Oh and here is a bad picture form today. The cover was actually clipped to the exhaust outlet by those A shaped spring clips so it does not blow off. The saga continues.

17. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Spoke to the guy!!!!!!! He said everything is for sale for the right price and for that car it would be $155,000 he said. It has 10K miles, 2000 F1 challenge grill red calipers, tan interior. He seemed very busy and didn't take much time to talk about it and said you have my number and that was all. So for anyone looking for a mint not much driven 360 well cared for left in the snow, rain, hail, never moved for 6 months, here is your car. "Yea Right"

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Yup EBAY HERE WE COME WITH MINT.....

19. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i'm surprised no-one has attempted to steal it.

20. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Tell him I'll give him 150K for the house if he throws the 360 in.

21. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    That still does not answer why the car is SITTING OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN AND SNOW. What a moron.

22. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for the update :)
    Erik

23. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    I can see the Ebay description now:

"...always kept in climate controlled storage..." ;-)

Cheers,
    Travis

24. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I can send you a custom car jimmy and you can 'sneak' into it. But its going to run you about $400.

25. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Thanks for the update....I am still wondering what this guy does, and why this beauty is left outside?? Ugh... :(