360 now available for rental in NYC/NJ/CT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 now available for rental in NYC/NJ/CT

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by noahlh, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    "I founded the company out of frustration with the lack of a place to rent _real_ exotic cars in the area (plenty of Hummers, BMWs, and Boxsters out there, but not enough F-cars or Lambos!)"

You know, I would absolutely interested in renting a older F-car like a 355 or 328 for a day. I would imagine that the lower replacement cost of the vehicle could translate into a lower rental rate - making what many still consider to be "Exotic Dream Cars" available for rent at a more reasonable price. I have actually been keeping an eye out for these cars to rent, and haven't seen even one place with them available.

If a $200,000 car is available for rent at $2,000 a day - cost prohibitive for many, would a $50,000 328 be available for $500? - might open the door for an additional market segment.....like me ;^)

2. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I rented a 355 spider in L.A at BUDGET car rentals for a day i think it was like 1,400 for the day and they froze 10,000 from me on my credit card . i did not think it was worth it but a 360 is worth what noah quotes are. best of luck noah.I also rented a Masarati spyder for $600 the next day and that was great but i would have rather rented the 360 for one day for the price of those 2 cars .

3. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Yeah - I have heard that places like LA and Vegas have a lot more options.....I hope we get something like that here in NY soon.

1,400 for a 355 does sound somewhat out of line.

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You can rent my 355 for the day for $1,196.00 I'll even include a tank gas.

5. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Vik, Sam, and Bradley -- thank you very much for the kind words. I'll do my best to live up to 'em. :)

djs308 & idloveaguinness -- It is definitely part of my long-term plans to add some of the more classic Ferraris to the stable. I would _love_ to have a Testarossa (that's the car that was on my wall when I was growing up, so it'd be more than a dream come true), but as I'm sure you know it's a Ferrari in ALL senses....my understanding is that the maintenance is potentially deadly, so it's something I'd have to weigh pretty carefully.

I was thinking about adding a 348 TS ... Targas are a rental company's dream come true (two cars in one!), and the 348 has that awesome classic Ferrari look (say cheese ... graters), and, of course, is great bargain so the daily rental rate would be much lower.

--Noah

6. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    That's a great idea. Maybe the market is for enthusiast rentals and not just exotic rentals. I'd be more apt to spend the extra $$ for a convertible when I travel to LA if I knew the car was prepped by an actual enthusiast and not some rental-car-guy that does a half-assed job "washing" it...

Does that make sense?

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I too have looked all over the northeast to try and find a place to rent an older Ferrari and have had no luck. Actually like others have stated all the rental places seem to be Pcar, vette, viper, hummer with no F-car at all. I hope that you do get a 3x8 series car I would definately be interested in renting from you. Best of luck and keep us informed!

8. reggi914

reggi914 Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    I really wish you the BEST of luck with your new business. May you have success beyond your dreams. I love the website, it looks really great. Im trying to PM you but seems that your mailbox is full, your a popular guy.

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    That's not a bad idea. Maybe a vette is a fun, well-priced ride for a rental business...

10. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Would love to know how the business is doing - any rentals?