360 rubbing sound turning wheel | FerrariChat

360 rubbing sound turning wheel

Discussion in '360/430' started by dhs-9, Nov 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I just got a 360 and when i turn the steering wheel I hear and feel a slight rubbing sound. Is this normal.

Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Is it mainly at full lock on concrete and at lower temperatures (under 50 deg f) - if so do a search on ackermann here or on google to find out about it - its your tires and normal

3. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    You will need to roll your fenders. There is a slight edge inside your fender and it can rub agains your tire (pretty common on 360

4. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I had the same noise with the old worn tires. I think it's because they are such low profile it's almost like they're trying to roll off the rims. My new tires don't do it as much. Check your tire pressures also.
    Alan

5. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    No guys its the steering wheel I can hear it inside the car its not from outside

6. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Ah okay then that is not normal. Check the route of the steering shaft to see if it's rubbing on anything.
    Alan

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Check the plastic piece behind the steering wheel that has the VIN on it. That could be rubbing.. there are also some contacts in the steering wheel for the horn etc. that can also rub. Usually just needs a dab of grease to cure it.