360 running rough/missing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 running rough/missing

Discussion in '360/430' started by JPN800, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teknikl

teknikl Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    It really sounds like it needs to go to a professional at this point. As previously suggested, maybe get your 30k service early and get them to fix this at the same time.

I can't believe the CEL had no bulb! that's a shady thing for the previous owner to do!

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I agree... someone really didn't like taking care of the real problem.

3. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #28 andrewecd, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess you didn't you notice the CEL was not coming on when turning ignition on?
    All these indicators turn on with igntion, then turn off after engine started (CEL delayed couple secs) apart from maybe seat belt, park brake etc...Something to always check when buying a car.
    Check to see if any others have been removed? Note the 3 red pressure/temp lights also!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JPN800

JPN800 Karting

Apr 12, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    JP
    I never noticed that there was no CEL, I figured it would have shown up on the center display where it shows "slow down" either way I am going to put a few miles on it and see if I get a missfire code again. It does run ok now just a slight roughness between 1-2,000 rpm. It will happen when I start from a light most of the time. If it doesn't get any better I will bring it in.

5. JPN800

JPN800 Karting

Apr 12, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    JP
    The car is fixed, It was a bad coil. After swapping some coils in and out I was able to pin point a bad coil.

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Where is the CEL on your car? I don't see it on with the rest of the lights?

Nice thread- interesting stuff...this is the second or third time I can recall people finding out someone pulled the CEL bulb!

7. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Below the blue high beam. engine symbol.

8. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Good one. Enjoy some smooth running from now on!