360 Seat belt strap twisted on sport seats, how to fix? | FerrariChat

360 Seat belt strap twisted on sport seats, how to fix?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by wheelman76, Oct 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    So the lap part of my seat belt strap on my 360 which is on a sport seat is twisted one time. In looking where it attached I can't for the life of me figure how that comes apart that I can spin it once to make it not twisted... Do I need to take the whole seat out and spin it once to rid myself of the twist?

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    When you say that the belt is twisted, is it just the male portion of the buckle that it twisted? If so, fold the fabric portion of the belt over on itself and then slide this fold through the slot in the buckle. It will be a tight fit, but you can carefully pull the doubled over portion through the slot. This will flip the male portion of the buckle over 180 degrees.

If the belt itself is actually twisted/mounted incorrectly, then someone must have had the end off of the seat, and reinstalled it incorrectly. You will have to unbolt the end of the belt where it anchors to the seat and flip the anchor over and reinstall it.

3. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I believe it’s mounted upside down. I just can’t figure how to get the bolt off the seat in looking at it. Is there a trick to taking it off a sport seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There must be an attach bolt to where the belt attaches to the seat. With the regular seats there is a circular plug that you pry out to access the bolt that goes to the seat. Maybe search some photos of seats for sale in ebay for clues?

5. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I’ll post some pics when I get a min. This week I’ve been working days and overnights at my job and sleeping in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  7. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Yeah... so I'm an idiot... I never tried pulling the plastic cap off what I now realize was a bolt head. Fixed it tonight when I took the garbage out to the garage....

taz355, Kevin Rev'n and Qavion like this.