360 SELF-LEARN GLITCH | FerrariChat

360 SELF-LEARN GLITCH

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 24000rpm, Nov 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

for a while, I am not able to complete a full cycle of self-learn on my Challenge stradale.
    (I am using a leonardo. ) It always runs out of f1 pressure at some point, maybe 3rd gear or 4th gear and resume "clunking" when it is at 6th gear.

Car drives fine.

I want to get to the bottom of it. What caused this?

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Have you checked to see when the pump runs? It is supposed to be charging the accumulator when the pressure gets low. There could be a problem with the pressure switch that controls the pump relay. The relay is a known problem area, or the pump/motor itself could be a problem. The accumulator gets low on charge over time, causing the pump to cycle too quickly, or their could be leakage in the system also allowing leakage. The first thing to do it just see if the pump is running when you run out of pressure and then go from there.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

there's no pressure leakage as evidence in the pressure drop rate read from leonardo.
    Yes, possible about the pressure switch. It almost as if the switch won't turn on until 10 seconds after pressure drops to 40 bar. But I always thought this is a TCU control issue, not a physical part issue.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That pump should kick on just below 42 bar. It sounds like you have a pressure switch issue.

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

is it the "pressure sensor" right next to the solenoid valves?

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes..top side almost at the base of the accumulator. The switch has a completely different connector then the rest.

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

got it, let me replace that and see what happens

tmvatlanta likes this.
  8. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    Also, make sure the battery is fully charged, if the voltage goes below operating threshold, it will cause an error.