360 Smog Monitors | FerrariChat

360 Smog Monitors

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by JimMigliaccio, Oct 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimMigliaccio

JimMigliaccio Karting

Oct 1, 2008
    Hi - I have a '99 360 coupe that will not allow the O2 sensor monitors to set. There are no fault codes, but after going through exhaustive drive cycles the monitors will not reset. The dealer tells me that the only solution is to re[lace the O2 sensors, but can't tell me which of the 4 to replace. I hesitate to replace them all, as they all LOOK good - has anybody had this issue and can give me some guidance? Thanks in advance, Jim

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Have you turned off your battery cutoff overnight? That will reset everything and maybe cause the monitors to reset....Check it with a standard OBD2 computer after a few drive cycles. IF you do decide to replace all 4 O2 sensors, get them from Bosch, or a local auto parts store rather than Ferrari. You could replace all 4 for the price of 1.

Just curious, is this for emissions testing?

3. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    I would just keep driving it ...they will set.

4. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Right and if you have a code reader app like OBD Facile you can see the voltage on each one or fuel trim. The Exhaust ecus are known to fail from heat and moisture penetration. First code I got on mine but knew about them from my 348. It's the crappy black box and not your cats failing, so long as your headers are ok. I made heat shields for my ecus to protect from the cats and exhaust right below. I've also done an O2 sensor but that code was correct.