360 Spider - 6 Speed Manual - Rosso Corsa / Tan | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Spider - 6 Speed Manual - Rosso Corsa / Tan

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by cooperstwn, Jun 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cooperstwn

cooperstwn Rookie

Jun 23, 2014
    bump still available

2. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It goes both ways. I doubt many people would want a car that requires hand cranking to start. Maybe back in the 60's it made our grandparents feel nostalgic. I personally think manual cars will eventually go the same route. Our generation will appreciate them, the next generation...not so much.

At the end of the day, to each their own. Drive what puts a smile on your face...but F1 transmission cars aren't going anywhere. They're far superior and they're here to stay because at the end of the day, these cars are built to perform.

30 years from now though? I'd imagine we'll be driving all electric Ferrari's with single speed transmissions. You cannot fight progress. Advances in battery technology and electric motors will replace internal combustion engines eventually.

3. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Have you driven an F1 360 and a gated 360? Might want to rethink that statement. F1 in a new 458/488 is much different than the unit in these 360's....and i would argue the gated 6 speed is FAR better.

OP --- any thoughts on the sale of this car? :)

4. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    It takes far greater skill to drive a three pedal quickly than a paddle shift car. Just sayin'......

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    GLWS!!

6. FourGs

FourGs Rookie

Feb 24, 2015
    cooperstwn, Are you advertising this car on Ebay? I thought I saw it there a few days ago.

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    agreed until you got to the battery technology replacing internal combustion engines...

The chapter on fossil fuels is far from the end. Don't forget its one of the largest industries in the world and many currencies are based on it as is foreign policies. Heck even domestic policy... and campaign contributions.

Fossil fuels will be here for a very very long time.

Its not so much one is better than the other... its just a sticky situation with the worlds most powerful players...

And then... you have the electric world. With virtually no agreement on the electric charging stations (i.e you can fuel up a model T or a la ferrari with a gas pump at the local gas station) things will be tough.

Plus we have to have power plants to support the cars and with rolling brown outs during the summer in one of the most powerful countries in the world... there is an uphill battle here.

Plus look into the construction of the battery... if you get lithium... you end up in great places such as China and Afganastan. If you use nickle... well... just look up populations ruined by nickle minning.

I loves Teslas... but... there is a large uphill battle that will likely take many decades if not a century to become a true alternative.

At which point... we may not even be driving cars... it could be the jetsons era by then. (I am just looking forward to the machine that showers me, brushes my teeth and clothes me as soon as I get out of bed :) )

8. cooperstwn

cooperstwn Rookie

Jun 23, 2014
    Car is currently at the shop getting a major service

9. cooperstwn

cooperstwn Rookie

Jun 23, 2014
    Sale pending

10. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005