360 Spider F1 thoughts... | FerrariChat

360 Spider F1 thoughts...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bill Parun, Nov 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill Parun

Bill Parun Rookie

Dec 6, 2015
    Hello. This is my first post.
    I am seriously thinking of acquiring a 360 Spider. Not sure what year but hopefully one that has the updated F1 transmission that allows for clutch? adjustments.
    I have heard of "sticky buttons" and wonder if this is a universal problem with the 360. I have also read about common door lock failures. Are these real issues and are there more I should be aware of?
    Any input both good and bad is much appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - spend a lot of time in the 360 section including read the buyers guide at the top

Pretty much every Ferrari from 348/355 onwards will suffer from sticky buttons - it is even turning up on the very latest

3. AussiePete

AussiePete Rookie

Sep 6, 2014
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Peter Chambers
    Sticky buttons is something you just fix. Make this last on your priority list. Clutches wear and your driving style can make a big difference to how long the clutch will last. get a pre purchase inspection and service your F1 gearbox regularly. The leather condition on the dash and seats is an important consideration on a spider, expensive to fix and it just gets worse with age after it gets let go..

4. labalestra

labalestra Rookie

Dec 29, 2016
    There is plenty of help in the 360 part of the forum. I was a lurker for a year reading up before I finally pulled the trigger on my 360 in November. Just took a lot of time to find the right example for the right price. Best of luck to you.