360 spider top question | FerrariChat

360 spider top question

Discussion in '360/430' started by spider348, Jan 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Can the 360 spider top tub be removed without removing the entire top assembly? Smoke test showed a leak in the area of the roll-over valves. I have an early 2001 version with no access panels.

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    It is my understanding that the entire tub assembly ( top assembly and all ) can be removed as a module

LMK if we can help!

Steve

3. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Had thensame problem last year.....The cassette assembly needs to be removed in its entirety. Unless ya cut access holes in the fuel tank covers it's the only way.

I bit the bullet and had Ferrari of San Francisco pull it to replace all the evap valves.

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I've gone through this similar issue on my 2003 360 spider. I smelled fuel on my roll over valves and mine had no access panels so I ended up taking it to the dealer and they had to remove my Capote roof top top replace roll over valves and that was expensive.

I learned here later on that the roof top does not have to be removed and you can cut the panel yourself to gain access to both roll over valves.

I'm out of town unable to do much posting but kindly do a search for the info you need. Search for roll over valves.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you all. I had to cut access ports when I replaced the upper transmission mounts. May have to do the same in this case. Concern is mistakenly cutting something under the tub/pan!

6. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
  7. obertRo

obertRo Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2014
    Holland, Michigan
    Full Name: