360 Spider vs Lancer EVO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Spider vs Lancer EVO

Discussion in '360/430' started by dave_fonz_164, Apr 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AzN-TriNi

AzN-TriNi Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2004
    it's funny b/c the guy also said that they just beat a modena when clearly it's a spider

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    who gives a fock, most of ppl think ferrari is either mustang or a lambo. i am actually impressed he knows the word modena.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You know, after watching that video, I think I'm going to end my search for a Modena and buy an EVO.

4. Wasn't a modena but a 360 spyder. :) Modena's are technically only coupes. No such thing asa 360 Modena Spyder. Not only did he miss name the car he made him self a jackass to millions of people who will view the video.

5. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Don't be so harsh on the guy. Atleast give him some props for beating a $200,000 Ferrari that is known for its speed with his under $50,000 EVO. Modena's and Spiders are almost the same anyway.

6. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master

Wow...that is EXACTLY what I was going to say, word for word ;)

But hey...if the 360 were to have had a few decals, a big wing on the rear and a huge exhaust pipe....the outcome would have been different. Factor in a cool necklace dangling from the rear-view mirror and your talking total domination!!!

I suspect the 360 didn't ride his gears right...but who cares. More and more we're seeing disposable cars that handle and move like lightening. As I see it, we can either let some air out of our ego's OR start drafting a list of every car that's faster then a Ferrari and make sure we never race 'em.

7. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    gents i have a 360 mod and a wrx sti with factory prodrive kit (305bhp), the wrx will stay with the 360 up to about 110mph, in conutry roads you would need to be a very good driver to keep up with the wrx

8. 4RECCCXLVIII

4RECCCXLVIII Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a WRX STI and an F-car. I wouldnt trade all the rides in the world Ive had in the STI for the first day I sat in my Ferrari turned the key.

9. tonyyoshi

tonyyoshi Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Tony Brooker
    I've had a Group N Evo and could just get ahead of the 360 upto 115mph. After that, he was gone. This guys in the 360 is messing around. Either that or he's still running in the car.

Don't take vids like this seriously.

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    its funny how more ppl deny the spider was beaten than ppl that dont give a fock about spider might get beat by a cheap car.

11. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I agree.
    I drove a mitsu a while ago, it's not that powerfull (in stock form), but it's big fun to drive, so trashable, and the turbo kick lets you feel you're driving rally while just looking for some fresh bread....
    Anyway, these discussions are pointless, the same way a 20ks superbike will kiss us all (you know where...), it's useless to discuss if a "crappy" car can kick a 360's butt, or if an M3 can, or an over-mega blown Opel calibra can.
    In the end, what really counts is how much fun you want to have, and what you can afford. I really doubt anyone buys an F-car ONLY for perfomance, otherwise, buy a radical, a Mosler (or something like that in the US), etc. and for the price of a decent used 355, you know nobody will touch you on an open road or on a track.
    So yeah let's face, just the same way we'll all meet someone better looking, or younger, or richer, or wiser etc, we'll meet someone faster, maybe just that day, maybe forever. Personnaly i don't care, i know in what car i wanna sit.

12. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I'm just glad I have a very fast 996 Turbo to beat the Evo/ WRX cars.... I suggest everyone pick one up to park along side your F-car.

13. Fast Shadow

Fast Shadow Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    Point Dume, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I have driven a friend's EVO VIII that is currently making around 380hp at the wheels. Not extreme, but a good example of what they're capable of. It's very quick. Gear changes come up almost instantly. But it's not a very passionate car at all. Would I like to have one in my garage? Of course. Would I prefer it over a Modena? No way, no how, not ever.

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    and i have a 850rwhp supra to beat your 996TT.
    really, who gives a shiet?

15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

And I have a 125cc shifter kart which will beat all 0-80mph. 45hp fully modified motor at the fraction of the cost of a Mondena and a EVO. Price $6000. In addition it will out handle anything. 0-60, 3.2 seconds. But I agree who really gives a shiet.

16. tonyyoshi

tonyyoshi Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Tony Brooker
    Yup, I've got a Tonykart 125 factory racing version... Wheel spins in 3rd gear... with correct gearing, it'll kill any road car around a tight circuit, as proven in the South African Car and Driver magazine a couple of years ago.

Fact is, ask those two boneheads in the Evo which car they'd rather have... the 360, easily.

17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Tony I think only you can share this with me, but after racing my kart, there is no other road car out there that gives me same sensation of acceleration. The closest thing would be a GP2 or Atlantic car. I agree with you also, you ask those two boneheads in the EVO what would they take? Of course the Modena.

18. asifsure

asifsure Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Tiffany Chin
    These are all fast cars, SO WHAT?
    This thread sounds like a bunch of guys that can't accept that their $200k+ pee pee enhancer is getting beat by a $50k- pee pee enhanser. What do you get at the end of the day? A bunch of small pee pee's.

Why are they racing on a busy road?

It's like getting stuck on the 405 during rush hour, in your suv, driving up next to a gt2, and lurching past, then claiming to beat the the p-car. It's not a race, it's just partial acceleration.

Besides in an EVO that is the only fun part anyway (the acceleration) the rest of the ride it just, blah.. driving for long non-speedy distances in the EVo is like driving a regular lancer.

The STi is fun in any gear (I'm bias), the 360 is an experience, coupe or spyder.