360 Sticky interior | FerrariChat

360 Sticky interior

Discussion in '360/430' started by NPWMD, Mar 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NPWMD

NPWMD Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    NY,FLA
    Full Name:
    Neal P Wittels, MD
    Is there a solvent to remove the rubber coating?

2. crapking

crapking Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    Houston Tx
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I used Goof Off...but honestly...it takes it off...but not the best job. My shop here in Houston ended up doing my whole interior for if memory serves me correct, about $1300 or so. Amazing work. Looks like new.
    Could not tell you how they did it other than it took about 5 days.

3. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    Rubbing alcohol will remove it. Use fresh white rags and rotate regularly. It will also remove lettering if you rub to much. Mostly a matter of keeping it damp and wiping. Let the alcohol do the work. Q-tips around the small areas

4. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    Those sticky buttons drive me bonkers!

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sticky No More guy coming in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

6. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had Stickynomore do the entire interior of my 360.. It looks brand new. Worth every penny.

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

8. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I used rubbing alcohol on mine and it worked perfect. Went thru a box of shop paper towels and 1/2 box of QTips. Took a couple hours. Did it right when I got the car as I was still in the honeymoon phase and even cleaning the car was pure enjoyment. The rubbing alcohol really works great.

9. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Venture over to the 348/355 board and search on sticky interior pieces. There've been several threads on the issue over the past year, and many others from previous years. The most recent is this one . . .

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359291

10. Reddesire

Reddesire Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal

Yes one of them would be mine. I did the bulk of my sticky bits (center console, doorinserts, targa roof handles etc) some time ago now and all are fine. 'Easy Off' Oven cleaner (blue can) is what is typically used to remove the gunk..! As suggested go and have a look at the other threads. I spell out what I did in detail.. As much as I want to support our suppliers of Ferrari goods and services you will save yourself a fortune (unfortunately). Not ALL Ferrari owners are rich !?!?

I just repaired my targa top 'latch' on my 348..! Racambi has new one's.... Nearly $900 a pop !!! Thank god I could repair it !!