360 UK Import

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MATT360, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. MATT360

    MATT360 Karting

    Jun 8, 2007
    Full Name:
    I am considering shipping my 2004 360 back to the UK as my time in Bahrain is coming to an end.
    I have a few questions......
    Can anyone give me some advice on the best insurance company to deal with for this type of car, it will be a weekend car mostly and will not get a lot of miles on it.
    I will also need somewhere to keep the car, can anyone suggest a storage facility that deals with F cars etc at a reasonable price per month, I'm based in Chiswick.
    Has anyone had experience bringing their car into the UK as a change of residence, anything to look out for ?

    Many thanks

    P.S the car is Euro spec LHD
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. Hud

    Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

    Jan 26, 2005
    Full Name:
    Cant help with storage Matt, but i use a company called AON for my Ferrari insurance. Very impressed so far and reasonably priced.
  4. tonyh

    tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

    Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    try micheal ward associates for insurance :)
  5. greyboxer

    greyboxer F1 World Champ

    Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    At a guess a Euro spec lhd car may need to have lots of taxes paid if its coming in from Bahrain unless its been previously EU registered - to get it UK registered you'll need the EU conformity doc plus change lights & speedo - I think there may have been threads about this before - from Chiswick try asking Verdi or QV if you need help
  6. marky1

    marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

    Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    I am almost 100% sure if you import it on a change of residency there is 0 tax. My father brought a merc in in the early 1990's from Oman and he did not have to pay a thing. You might need to get some changes done to make the speedo miles etc, but it is not difficult.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

  8. Kam

    Kam Karting

    Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Think you have to have owned the car it the other country for over 6 months and also prove residency there not to pay the taxes.

    As for insurance, I used Footman James on my LHD 360 and they were the cheapest by a few hundred pounds.

Share This Page