360 VS 996TT X50 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 VS 996TT X50

Discussion in '360/430' started by scott63, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hi Tim -

No pull, and no 3-year wait, at least not in the SF Bay area (local economy is still quite weak). Ferrari of San Francisco says they will have my car by next summer (approx...they'll know more after the first of the year), and I ordered a month ago. Give Evan a call there, I believe they still have allocations. All that said, I obviously don't have the car yet, but I find it hard to believe they are misleading me...what would be the point? The Spider still has a long wait, even here.

Gary

2. alessiogiorgio

alessiogiorgio Karting

Nov 24, 2007
    Italy - Sweden
    Full Name:
    alessio giorgio
    Dear Thomas-B
    Many thanks for your clear opinion.
    It's a couple of months that I'm in the middle between 996TT and a F430F1, ( I have a F360f1 spider that remain in my garage )
    and from your words I understand that Porsche is more to be intended as a daily car, Ferrari is always more exotic.
    Many compliments that you are able to push the 360...me, without the ESP, I use very soft all the Ferraris without ESP.
    Fr this reason I search a car F or P with ESP to begin to run a little, here on the Alps....bye Alessio

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    15 years old posts....

efg2014 likes this.
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
  5. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I would highly recommend looking at thee date the comment was posted. Responding to a 2003 post and expecting a response would be somewhat unreasonable.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    And still a relevant question. My advice to the op... wait for a 430 stick or throw in an extra hundred grand for a beater F40 ;)

7. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    All points noted in this thread, old and new. I am thinking of making the jump from my 30,000 mile 996 Turbo to a 360 coupe.

Good to hear pros and cons, even if outdated.

Decisions, decisions I guess...