360 Wheels on a 308QV | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Wheels on a 308QV

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by speedmoore, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    yes Wayne, 16" is so "Yesteryear" and the OEM was 14" on
    my car 20+ years ago.
    DO ya give F-chatters a Discount on P-car parts ?
    My 944 Turbo is hurting for clutch master/ slave replacement.
    Sorry this is a bit off topic.

2. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Drop me a note with the Order Id, when you place the order, and I'll take a look at it!

-Wayne

3. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    Thanks Wayne, Its Just past 3AM here, time to hit the hay,Ill get back to you in a few months on that order, no rush on that project, I am also going to rebuild the steering rack while I have her up on the stands. Yippee more fun !! (not)

Mark

4. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Very nice and thanks for the PM heads up.

D

5. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I guess I'm just old school. I like the orginal 5 spoke design. To me it's an immeditate designation of a Ferrari.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Wayne, I can take pics of the car with the painted top at any angle you want. Email me outside of this thread.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is one beautiful car! :)

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    BigAl,
    I'm with you. The Ferrari design looks best to my eye. I do think the 16" wheels are a nice compromise between the too-small 14" old-school wheels and the 18" "super modern" look.

Birdman

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I gotta chime in that the 16" QV wheel looks most appropriate on the 308 series. Fortunately there are still a lot of 16" tire choices, but the best tires may no longer be offered in 16" in the future...

Wheels are truly a "personal" thing, so hats off to those that wish to try something else. I just prefer the stock one in this case. You can go up to a 225 front and 245 rear with them too.

10. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I have 390s on my Euro and just bought new TRXs. When I need new tires next time I'll go to 16" wheels. I agree the 308 looks much better with the 16s and lower profile tires. Wheels certainly are personal as is car design. All the rounded off car styles (new Zs, Audis, BMW) just don't do a thing for me.

11. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    #36 MRFOTOS, Jan 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dave, I like your "in action" shot on your profile !,
    Yes the bigger wheels took a while for me to get used to, its kind of an aquired taste thing, but now seeing 360s (14in.) on another 308 seem too small kinda like "toy" wheels, but OEM 16" on the QVs do look like a much better improvement. If I had those on my car I would not have replaced them.
    I took some styling Ques from fellow F-Chatter Sloan83qv he also has 18 wheels. here is his car below.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login