360CS on Top Gear | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360CS on Top Gear

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by daz355, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Good Question ADE.

The GT2 is the somewhat stripped out version of the 996 Turbo. It is RWD only and has beefed up Turbos's. It really is designed for the road but is considered track capable but not like the GT3 , but is a much heavier car. I believe that the GT2 at the current pricing levels represents great value and I personally prefer the looks over the GT3.

James

2. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    James, thanks for the info. I just did some reading on the GT2 on the back of that, and it seems like part of the reason you can pick one up for 85-89,000 now at only 2 years old (125-130,000 new) is because the new GT2 has come out and is a bit faster(??!).

Still thats a LOT of depreciation of around 20,000 pound per year!! Should keep its value now as it propped up against a whooooole bunch of other 911 variants - turbos, C4S, GT3s that are all still selling for over 60K.

If only it was a bit more exotic....

3. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    Interesting point about the colours Steve - but the RS is supposed to be a limited run car - so preserving the exclusivity. I think they're making in the region of 300 examples (offered in either blue or red trim) - none of which are destined for the US as it's not homologated for road usage.

I have a friend who has an order in for a GT3RSR - the as yet 'unconfirmed' hyper-light, hyper-expensive roadgoing version of the RSR race car. There are only likely to be 25 examples of this, if it's made at all of course...

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    That sounds very interesting, they're coming in september aren't they? Not that expensive at 110k(is that right?) and aren't they going to have 480hp? That will murder everything, possibly even enzo and cgt.

5. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Noony

If they do release the GT3RSR at 110k I will be on the list. Perhaps we should put down deposits.

6. selespeed

selespeed Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Rietveld
  7. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    Dealers are denying all knowledge of the RSR - but then they did this with the GT3RS - Porsche's official line was "there will not be an RS version of the 996". My friend has owned RS's for years, so he simply wrote a letter of intent to the dealer principle with a cheque enclosed. Not sure what the price will be - I heard figures of £120-130,000 mentioned though...

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I disagree with you on the part where you say the CS is only comfy for 75miles or so. I drove it for around 250 miles on B roads mostly and the car was almost as comfy as the regular Modena .Its very easy to drive both in town and on the highway. It would make an amazing daily driver IMO. One that makes you want to go to work at 6am !

9. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I go to work at 6am!

Neither the good lady or I find the CS uncomfortable but I'll soon be able to tell you in detail as she and I wil soon be doing 10hours a day for 5 days plus across continents so we'll let you know what we really think

10. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Say Hello to Peter and Margaret in thier Koegnesegg they are also taking part, Im hoping to have a reasonable sized Sponser logo on their car!!!!!!!

Peter told me to buy the GT3rs but i told him the order is placed, Robin by the end of your trip lets hope all hes heard is the "CS song".

Well the way you drive i believe all will get a blast, lol!!! :)

11. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    Menasce,

what do I know - I once drove 1,000 miles in 2 and a half days in the Elise ;) comfort never really is a factor for me anyhow!

I want my cars to belike my women - build for performance not for comfort ;)

Ben.

12. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    hmmm

comfort - long slow comfortable screw
    performance - quick shag

:)

13. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Tough call.

I vote Performance, stamina can be adjusted to requirements if you take her to a good 'gym' bodyshop. Get the weight down over the rear-bumper and get the airbags into shape etc.