360CS Starting issue.... Anybody like puzzles? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360CS Starting issue.... Anybody like puzzles?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ingenere, Aug 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have the same problem.
    I cleaned the contacts
    replaced the starter
    and sometimes I get crank-stop-crank-stop

Need to check immo, relay?

2. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This is very similar to a dead battery, because if i connect charger on 1 minutes or less, the car starts perfectly!
    but i have new battery

It seems that somewhere the voltage drops and some kind of relay does not work.

help))

3. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Have you performed a voltage drop test on the starting system ? There are multiple links on google "how to do voltage drop test on starting system".

4. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    he solved his problem))
    im not

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    After replacing lots of wire harnesses and running down various rabbit holes, it was narrowed down to a defective immobilizer. There appears to be a lot of 360, CS, 355, 430, 550, 575 and 612s with bad immo's as well. Because I am in AZ and I am no stranger to a race traci, I may be generating more heat, and mine was an early failure.

The immobilizers in our cars are garbage and meant for cars that usually end up in the junk yard in less than 10 years, not Ferraris that are loved and cared for, for generations. Ferrari's fix....... new immobilizer, fobs AND engine ECUs, to the tune of $15K. It doesn't address the core issue of the immobilizer being junk. It just sets the car up for another failure.

I started working with 360Trev who is a genius on the computer and electronic side. Long story short.... he reverse engineered the enginev ECUs to eliminate the immobilizer in the code. The car no longer looks for the signal that it's OK to start.

Result...... starts every time. Problem solved!

This journey had lead Trevor to develop a tool for our cars called the 'Swiss Army Knife'. As far as all the functions he has developed, you will have to speak with him.

f355spider likes this.
  6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Qavion likes this.
  7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i need to check my immo too . i think my cold start misfire could be related to this!!!!!!