360M GT FIA questions and list of 360 Challenge cars | FerrariChat

360M GT FIA questions and list of 360 Challenge cars

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by greg512tr, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I have been doing some research on my 360 Challenge s/n 119339 and found it listed in a couple Cavallino articles which are below. The article refers to the The cars running in FIA as 360M GT although they are “little more than 360 Challenge cars”. I am curious what the “more” might entail other than the side intake duct on one of the cars.

According to the article s/n 119339 was the Scapini team car driven by Capelli/Prinoth and finished 10th at Monza.

The s/n article lists the 4 cars as FIA GT.

The Cavallino article titled “36O Modena on track” mentions collaboration with Michelotto and these 3 cars were raced at Monza. Says “they were still basically Challenge cars with little development after that. “. Wondering what the development was and was this done specially by Michelotto only for these FIA cars?

Curious if this improves the desirability of my car with this history.

Interested in any comments. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
  3. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I found this youtube video of the FIA GT 2000 race at Monza. Coincidentally it has an in car lap from my car starting at 3:12 and shows the red 360 at 5:56. Driven by Ivan Cappelli who was a Ferrari F1 driver in 1992. Short interview of him at 6:12. Finished 10th out of 37 cars.

Interesting that the 360's were the only cars I saw in the video without a wing! Curious why they were not included on the early cars.

4. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve