365 Daytona vent window | FerrariChat

365 Daytona vent window

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dlight365, Jul 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dlight365

dlight365 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    dennis light
    what is the best way to get the old existing glass out of the door vent window frames without damaging the frame, as for concourse, I want to put in new with the correct latch that does not penetrate the glass.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I have some experience with these, but first, may I ask where did you acquire the new glass from ?
    You're welcome to PM me if you prefer.

3. dlight365

dlight365 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    dennis light
    Hi, not sure, my cousin got it from one of the Ferrari sources, just not sure where.
    Our glass now has the latch drilled through. Last concourse they deducted for that. Says it is suppose
    to just be glued, like what is on our Dino. If it is too hard to pull the glass we will just let it go. Our mechanic
    maybe able to remove the door panel, take out the door vent frame, heat it and pull the glass, but we are afraid
    of bending the frame. I have tried all the sources to buy frames but no one has any, so we are being very
    cautious.

4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    OK. There seem to be several different reproductions of these and some with quality not worth the effort to advise on, so it would be fairly important to know the origin.
    I'll PM you my direct contact info.