365 GT 2+2 Dash Question | FerrariChat

365 GT 2+2 Dash Question

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Gary Baldy, Nov 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary Baldy

Gary Baldy Rookie

Oct 30, 2022
    Full Name:
    Gary Baldwin
    I have to access the back of the gauges to clean some contacts, change some bulbs etc. I can't get to anything behind the dash with my fat, short fingers. (In particular I want to be able to get to the tachometer and the fuel gauge.) So I'm wondering:

Is there some clever trick to get to the back of those gauges out that doesn't involve unscrewing the brackets on the back that my fingers can't reach?

If not, is the only alternative to remove the dash to get to the back of the gauges?

If dash removal is the only option, what is the steps involved in removing the dash with a minimum of collateral damage?

Any suggestions or pictures would be warmly welcomed! (Other than losing a great amount of weight, which I've already tried in vain for years.)

2. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    Hi Gary:

It's been a long time, but I remember being able to pull the center switch console out without too much trouble. It is held captive by the Transmission tunnel
    panels on passenger and driver sides. That allows you to get to the back of the central gauges, but still a squeeze. I also remember removing the glove box for access to something or other. It takes patience and a little ingenuity.

Cheers

Mark

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Gary Baldy

Gary Baldy Rookie

Oct 30, 2022
    Full Name:
    Gary Baldwin
    Thanks Mark!

Great idea, I will try that approach to reach the fuel gauge. I wonder if I can reach the tachometer as well via that route.

By the way, in one of my early knuckle-busting attempts I tried to access fuel gauge by removing the glove box, but no dice - the fuel gauge is too far away. Would have worked perfectly for accessing the ampere meter and possibly the clock.