365 GT 2+2 fuel pumps | FerrariChat

365 GT 2+2 fuel pumps

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Finishlineclassics, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Finishlineclassics

Feb 21, 2018
    Katonah, N Y
    Full Name:
    Bobby Epstein
    I am the proud new owner of a 1969 365 GT 2+2. My car has an electric fuel pump only. I see a block off plate on the engine block where a fuel pump would go. The previous owner (43 years) never changed it. Is the car supposed to have a manual pump and, if so, where might I find one? Thanks for any help. Bobby

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Bobby, check over at tomyang.net .Someone there should be able to steer you in the right direction. Good luck,Mike

3. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    I think the early ones did have a mechanical pump in addition to an electric pump, but I believe the later cars did away with the mechanical and had two electrics. Just hope that your car should have only electric pumps because the mechanical pumps are a PIA to get dialed in. I think they hard to find too. I got my mechanical pump to work good after much work but I still don't trust it so I added another electric pump for a total of 3 fuel pumps! Oh I forgot to say my car is a 68 GTC, but I think it uses the same type of pumps.

4. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I have a 1969 as well. Mine had twin Facet (sp?) electric pumps. When the Facets failed I switched to a single S/W.

5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The 1969 365GT 2+2 only had an electric pump/s from the factory. The mount where the mechanical pump has a block off plate. The USA cars used two electric Bendix (now Facet) pumps in parallel, and the Euro spec cars only had one Bendix pump. The "A" switch on the dash is wired so that the pumps are always on in either position, but the Autoflux light (fuel pump) comes on when the switch is in the down position. There is a separate fusebox under the right side of the dash with two fuses, one for each pump. The Facet pumps are cheap and reliable. You can purchase Bendix stickers so they look just like the originals.

6. Finishlineclassics

Feb 21, 2018
    Katonah, N Y
    Full Name:
    Bobby Epstein
    Good news, thanks, Bobby