365 GTC/4 Brake booster / air cleaner | FerrariChat

365 GTC/4 Brake booster / air cleaner

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by geffen365gtc/4, Sep 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geffen365gtc/4

geffen365gtc/4 Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm doing a little under hood detailing on my C/4. The power brake vacuum booster has a few small scratches. It appears to be painted gold. Is this correct or should it be cadium plated?? Also, I'm repainting the air boxes. While off the car, I'm going to replace the air filters. What's the best source??

Geffen

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Geffen, when I was doing some detail work on my C4 I used a kit from Eastwood that gave a very nice finish. Mike

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #3 TTR, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Like on all other model Ferraris of the same era featuring Bonaldi brake booster, it should be (cadmium) plated, not painted. Plating requires removal & complete disassembly and that's probably why many have been painted (cheap & easy) over the years.

4. geffen365gtc/4

geffen365gtc/4 Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    I ordered this kit yesterday. Did you coat with a clear or just leave the red/green zinc exposed??

Geffen

5. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Geffen, I did not coat with clear as I felt the finish looked fine as is. Good luck,Mike

6. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Geffen
    I used that same kit from Eastman on the cv joint plates on my C4 when i rebuilt mine. You just need to test spray the green and red for the corrcect looking end result- i looks pretty correct. My brake booster also needs to be rePlated but i have’t use that the eastman kit yet for that. I was thinking to paint it cleanly, i would have to remove it and if i have to remove it, then i would send it out for replating.

Mike, post a picture here or on the forum365gtc4 site. Do you also have the sticker that goes on the booster?
    Dave

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Dave, I have the sticker. Please pm for details.

Regards, Alberto