369 Alarm Valet Mode Problem | FerrariChat

369 Alarm Valet Mode Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Kevin 360, Dec 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    #1 Kevin 360, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Anyone can help/guide me to get my car out of valet mode? 99/360 Alarm works with no sound, when i press the button the parking lights blink, doors unlock but no sound, also when alarm is activated it makes no sound just lights blinking.

Thank You

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like you need a new alarm siren. Set off the alarm and see if it works then. If not, the rechargeable batteries in the siren have taken a hike, possibly leaking and destroying the circuitry.

3. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    Where is the siren located?I let me check on that.

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Behind the trunk back wall, it is removable. There is a vapor barrier as well, you should order one with the alarm siren. It is on the drivers side, about mid way down. 10mm wrench to loosen the nuts, don't remove them, the siren is slotted. A gear wrench works well for this. Unplug and plug in the new one. It will make a loud chirp when you plug it in so be ready for it.
    It is not a valet mode, alarm siren battery is just dead.

5. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    Thank you, does the GM unit realy works? I read that it looks the same but does not function the same, any thoughts?

6. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    Does the GM unit works? I read some comments here that it doesnt function like Ferrari unit does, it makes a sound when locking/unlocking but when activated no sound

7. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    The other problem with the GM unit is that it may trigger the siren whenever the battery disconnect switch is turned off. A few months ago, there was a post describing a method to correct that, but you have to desolder and reprogram an EPROM chip inside the unit.

If you have a US car, no chirping might indicate a bad siren module. If the module is bad, the red alarm LED to the left of the steering wheel will typically stay lit while you are driving.

If your car is Euro, lack of chirps might be normal behavior depending on the original country of destination.

8. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    Thank you, my car is a US spec. I will try the GM siren, will post if any surprises.

9. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian

Attached Files:

10. jackgt

jackgt Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2015
    california
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I took the corroded battery out and wired in a pack of C cells that equal 7.2V. It charges at 9.6. Works fine now. It does not seem to charge the battery pack with the trickle charger only running the engine. While I was in there I put in an aux alarm that arms the ft bonnet and has a better motion sensor.

11. Kevin 360

Kevin 360 Rookie

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Aivazian
    Thank You for all your help, replaced the siren with GM unit work great....