375+ # 0384 | Page 28 | FerrariChat

375+ # 0384

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tongascrew, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I placed this post to get a reaction.Thanks for doing so. What I could of, or should of, added was "a mutually acceped court selement satisfacterily carried out by all parties". tongascrew

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The FBI has been "on the case" from the beginning...maybe using a computer this time, will help???

3. Ocean Joe

Ocean Joe Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 21, 2008
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Joseph Ford III
    #678 Ocean Joe, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since you mentioned "real truth", here a couple of pages from the November 1989 Federal Court Criminal Trial in Atlanta, Georgia that refer to questions and answers between FBI Special Agent Theodore May and Mr. Guy Anderson. It was March of 1989. Mr. Anderson had just been arrested by the FBI. FBI Special Agent May questioned Mr. Anderson as the FBI was trying to recover Kleve's stolen Ferrari 375 Plus while the trail was still fresh, and Mr. Anderson was . . . well . . . I will let you fill in the blanks. The U.S. Attorney on direct was Ms. Amy Levin, Esq.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    908, what planet are you from?

Sincerely,

Art S.

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey, the guys doing a public service.
    He doesn't post often but when he does...

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Couldn’t it be argued that Swaters’ car is, in fact, a replica, and that the Kleve estate has no valid claims to it whatsoever?

Another question: I read somewhere that the thieves were made to restitute the $4500 they got from the wreck of 0384 to Karl Kleve, is it correct? If true, doesn’t that mean that Kleve actually sold the wreck?

Could we summarize the story as follows: Swaters built a replica (probably nothing but the drum brakes was used from Kleve’s car) and later tried to make it a legit 375 by buying some key missing parts from Kleve?

Go between somehow screwed up the deal and neither Swaters nor Kleve got what they wanted/had agreed upon.

These are just questions: I have no dogs in that fight.

8. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess

9. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Is your contention that there never was a 0384AM? Something with that number sure seems to be a real car as raced by the factory in 1954.

Are you asserting that a car represented as 0384AM was not sold to Jim Kimberly in the latter half of 1954.

Are you asserting that a car represented as 0384AM was not the car the Jim Kimberly raced and had raced for him through 1957?

Are you asserting that the burned car represented as 0384AM was not this same car?

You appear to have some interesting information with a different view point on what transpired but you have yet to demonstrate logic or even a credible argument that uses evidence.

You make claims that Guy Anderson A) had some addition issues, B) like strip clubs, C) lied during testimony. All of this could be true but it certainly makes it harder to believe anything. A friend of such a person has to try harder to achieve credibility too.

Jeff

10. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    So what you are saying is that there was no s/n 0384 ever built by Ferrari and Marcel Massini's post of 7/26/06 is fictitious. Ok.I consider this kind of thing part of the fun of F Chat.When do you plan to post your new thread? tongascrew

11. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess

12. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    I am confused. If 0384 never existed, how is it possible that I have the factory Build Sheets for the car? Even though I have had them for over 40 years, I am sure they actually do not exist and are only a figment of my imagination! Also the car that sat in Kleve's backyard was apparently a mirage that I saw all those years ago. Thanks for straightening me out.

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    This is your idea of verifiably supporting your argument? You want people here to put aside the evidence of a Ferrari build sheet to instead believe you?

Something generally known as 0384AM was built by the factory. Something generally recognized as 0384AM was sold to John Kimberly. If not 0384AM what was it? Or are you attempting to split a hair that there is a 0384AM it was not a 375+?

With all of the PROOF that you have put forward to date your credibility falls further into the abyss with each successive post you make. Show something to make your wild unsubstantiated statements have a sliver of believability.

14. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Again, that is what you consider evidence to support your position? That is no evidence.

Maybe you do have something worthwhile to say and with real evidence to back up your claims. To date you have done ZERO though. Instead you ask us to suspend belief of recognized factory documents put forth by people that have many decades of well earned respect and complete credibility within the worldwide community.

You need to step forward with something beyond meaningless and irrelevant links, a YouTube and other unsubstantiated blather. Maybe you are just a ten year old that is hiding behind a screen name.

15. SEAN@TEAM AI

SEAN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Sep 22, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Sean Smith
    Don't Feed The Troll

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Andy Kaufman, is that you?

17. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Kaufman was better. Even in his worst day.

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Well, he'd be out of practice.

I miss him.

19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #694 Marcel Massini, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Seriously, Dyke, put down the pipe!

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm reminded of what Lenny Bruce suggested to say when your wife comes home to find you on the living room floor with her best friend.

"You gonna believe me or your eyes?"

22. ilconservatore

ilconservatore F1 Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Cincinnati Ohio
    With some of the characters in this story, its starting to read like an Elmore Leonard novel.

23. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Sounds like this so and so was on the bus with the other "Merry Pranksters" testing the cool aid. tongascrew

24. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where did all the entertaining posts go ? Why where they deleted ?

M

25. SEAN@TEAM AI

SEAN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Sep 22, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Sean Smith

The poster is a troll. Trying to stir things up. Looks like the mods have banned him.

Good...