The Sounds of Ferrari - Modern | FerrariChat

The Sounds of Ferrari - Modern

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I decided I might get more contributions (not to mention better organization) from moving this post to the model-specific forums...

Vintage
    Classic
    Modern
    Supercars

Thought I'd start a little collection of sound bites of our favorite cars. Please add a post for each car... with a sound bite or two to let us hear the exhaust.

Note that the MP4's are MPEG-4 files... essentially an MP3 with a bit of video to let you see what's happening... but very low-quality video because the purpose is to maximize the audio. The latest versions of QuickTime and Windows Media Player can both handle MPEG-4. You can get the lastest version of QuickTime from:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Stick the the left column... avoid the middle column.
    Select your OS, uncheck the buttons for receiving Apple solicitations (unless you want them), fill in the info, and hit "Download".

2. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Here's one of the other most distinctive sounding Ferraris at FFQC 2004... a 360GT... beautiful sound... the first clip is it idling through the paddock... the second going round the track...

3. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Among the 360's, Franco's not only stood out due to the police lights on top, but also due to the sound. I never managed to ask what exhaust he has on it... anyone know?

4. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    This is the only one formatted right for now... more to come later...

This is mine with stock exhaust at about 4-5K miles... I need to do it again as it is sounding better and better as it ages.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Awesome sound clips.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, what software do I need to play these files?

Dale

7. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I used WinAmp, works great.

BTW, the Stradale in the tunnel sounds AWESOME! It's now my logon sound.

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Dale, Windows Media Player will do it. Right click on the link and select Save Target As--Then save to your desktop. Once it is saved go to your desktop and doubleclick the icon . It should open in WMV and play.

9. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Another option is QuickTime... my preferred player.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The Stradale in the tunnel is the only clip that played for me... Windows Media player couldn't open the others and Quicktime, i'm convinced, is some type of hellspawn sent to me by God, himself, for all the times i've used his name in vain...

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Oh crap! I tried to play it using windows and didn't realize that it was also setting windows as the default player for this type of file. !^%#@$^$#@$%^@ computers!

How do I unset a default player?

Q#%@#^$#$@#%^@$^@%##%%&$@ !Q%@#$^$#@@%$$@%@$%&@%#^@!$%@~$@~!#%^!#@%$&#%&#@%&%@#&#@&#%&@$%$#@!%!#$^$@&^&#%&^$&*%&#%^#$%@#~QRWQE^%$@R%#YT$Y$RWGDART

COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!11111

12. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    What OS are you using?

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love this thread. Brian your stradale sounds awesome.

14. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks alot for the sound clips! I liked the Enzo, but for me nothing gets better than a Stradale ripping through a tunnel...thanks.

15. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  16. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Would it be wrong if I put the sound of that Stradale in my car on the radio w/ a huge subwoofer so people thought something nice was coming by only to see a civic roll by? Hahahaha.

17. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    O man, the stradale sounds GLORIOUS! Awesome post.

18. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yes, I think you may be right that QuickTime is from God... as is the Apple Mail program, iPhoto, and iMovie... as for your sins against God, you'll have to negotiate that with Him! ;)

Seriously, like MP3's for audio, MP4's are significantly better for video... but they are newer. If you're running older versions of WMP or QT etc., you may have difficulty playing them. But the same exact videos in other formats were like 10MB instead of 400K... and FChat won't take 10MB files.

If most here are unable to hear them, I'll post them as MP3's instead... but then you get no video context at all (but you'll get essentially the same sound data).

19. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Brian,

Thanks for the audio! Man, your CS sounds amazing! If I were you I'd be blasting through tunnels all the time!

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i definitely want the better quality, plus video; when i tried to open them in HellSpawn - uh, i mean, Quick Time, it asked me if i wanted to update; so i clicked yearh and it took me to the QT site and i couldn't find any updates - all i could find was QT pay products...! i didn't download QT; it seemingly came with my computer; now i have to pay for upgrades...?

Goddamnit, i'm tired of negotiating... :)

21. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    You must've hit the "pro" button along the way... they do try to sell you that. But you don't need QuickTime Pro... just QuickTime Player... the latter is free. Go here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Stick the the left column... avoid the middle column.
    Select your OS, uncheck the buttons for receiving Apple solicitations (unless you want them), fill in the info, and hit "Download".

22. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Sorry, can't remember who posted these to give proper credit... I just shrunk them into MP4 format so they fit on FChat...

The first is a Stradale launch control in action.
    The second is a Stradale running around Interlagos.

The sounds from the various early track shots like this one are a huge part of why I own a Stradale!

23. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Here's another in my library that I cannot take credit for, shrunk down to fit here... can't remember who to credit though...

A 360GTC running at Fiorano...

24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It's a computer. Duh!

Actually, I'm on some version of Windows. Maybe Windows 2000? I don't fool with this stuff. I normally call a geek when I have a problem. Wait a minute! Did I just call you a geek?

Dale

25. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, then, I'll be one... [with nose in air] QuickTime is a superior program for you to be using for .mpeg, .mp4, .mov, .avi, and similar files... so, just leave it as your default! :p

Oh, but you might want to use the link I gave Carbon above... download the latest version of QuickTime... of course, you might have to figure out what OS you're using. :p