3D printed cable clip | FerrariChat

3D printed cable clip

Discussion in '348/355' started by emac, Dec 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    The cable clip that holds the wire going to the rear shock adjuster is NLA and mine were broken, so I had a buddy draw one for me. I printed a couple out on my printer in Dental model resin, as that is the only resin I have. They turned out pretty good, I dont know how they will last, but it was fun to try. If anyone wants a copy of the STL file just send me a message. I think it cost me less than 30 cents worth of resin to print. Amazing technology. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Great work! This was on my to do list as they are NLA and almost always missing or broken. Mine are in tact but I know it’s a matter of time.

I will send you a PM if you can shoot me through the file that would be great!

3. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    email sent. They aren't an exact copy, but they are pretty close for a clip that really cant be seen! I tried to scan the original, but my scanner just couldn't get it right.

4. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Thanks Ernest. I know of a few cars that need these. I don't have access to a scanner so have not tried to replicate. They look close enough and better than having nothing there!

5. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  7. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest

John, That would be too easy!

johnk... likes this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    At my age, I like easy. :)

Funny thing though. A while ago a guy posted that he needed a new HVAC dash vent actuator motor. I point him to a source where I bought one maybe 6 months earlier. He said, they don't have, can't get them. I must have gotten the last one. Same with these clips. I bought a couple just last spring. Must have gotten the last ones again. Dumb luck. :)