3rd Annual Concours d'Elégance Suisse, Château Coppet (near Geneva), Switzerland, 22-24 June 2018 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3rd Annual Concours d'Elégance Suisse, Château Coppet (near Geneva), Switzerland, 22-24 June 2018

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Amazing photos. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

2. dcc

dcc Rookie

Aug 24, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    David

3. dcc

dcc Rookie

Aug 24, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Do you know the colour of the 250 SWB Marcel ?

4. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Hey guys...here's a large selection of my photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/wVYPAEzYUqxQzCKf8
    The cars are beautiful, the setting is nice, but the set does not have the charm of the Concorso d'Eleganza ... The "straw" under the Ferrari in particular is really not glamorous ! And it lacks a little staging of cars. But for a 3rd edition, the whole is rather promising !

'hope you'll enjoy ;)

tifoso2728 and Boudewijn like this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Great photos and excellent comment. Yes, there is some room for improvement for this young Concours. Still a long way to go.

Marcel Massini

6. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Thanks for the photos Marcel and Etienne. Very nice cars.

First time i see a Cal Spyder without the side vents.

Any stories about them on the car?

Best,

7. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Chassis #1883 GT was born without vents.

Marcel Massini

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Fiat 8V (most probably, from my poor memory).

Marcel Massini

10. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I confirm : Fiat 8V with big 506 on the door.

11. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Thank you Marcel!

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Dear Marcel and Etienne, thank you for the beautiful photos of this spectacular assemblage of Ferraris and other friends. I could spend hours looking at each car! It looks like a very promising event. :)

13. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I continue on this thread...

Reviving a Swiss tradition dating back to 1927 in Geneva, the Concours d'Elégance Suisse will celebrate again Automobile Heritage and the Art of mechanical engineering from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd June 2019 in the exquisite setting of the grounds of the Château de Coppet, historic home of Madame de Staël, offering a panoramic view of the Mont-Blanc and Lake Geneva.

The 4th Concours d'Elégance Suisse will display a selection of spectacular classic automobiles rarely seen in public. On this occasion, the "Future Classics" from 1970 to 1985 will be again featured as an official concours class.

• Annual Theme: 595 years of Automotive Style and Engineering (note : I totally ignore what happened in 1424 !!!! :p but I'll be there to try to understand )

• 125th Anniversary of Delahaye

• 110th Anniversary of Bugatti

• 100th Anniversary of Bentley

• 100th Anniversary of Citroën, Homage to André Lefèbvre

• 100th Anniversary of Carrosserie Chapron

• 60th Anniversary of the Austin Mini, Homage to Sir Alec Issigonis

• Ten other classes will celebrate automobiles from 1920 to 1985. (with 2 classes for Ferrari : G-1 Ferrari, front engines and G-2 Ferrari, rear engines)
    • Authenticity Jury will appreciate the authenticity and originality of the automobiles presented

• Elegance Jury will appreciate the style and elegance of the automobiles presented
    More : https://www.concoursdelegancesuisse.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoInnBRDDARIsANBVyAS3fipRVr7a2NjQMCOzEJjTkabcRcFjmhRTT1mDwIyXv6n3HrDktGEaAhHjEALw_wcB

And for remember : https://photos.app.goo.gl/wVYPAEzYUqxQzCKf8

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    See you there Etienne!

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The big problem with the Coppet concours is that the organiser has now changed judging and in 2019 does no longer want to use the internationally accepted and well-established IAC/PFA judging rules. Instead he wants to bring in his own "freestyle" judging rules (probably some blonde VIP will declare that this red one on this side is the most beautiful of them all and hence wins Best of Show...……….call that judging?).
    As a result all of the well-known IAC/PFA judges have left the concours and will no longer be judging in Coppet, including Dott. Adolfo Orsi.
    I think the Coppet Concours is going into the wrong direction. A shame.
    I have some additional experiences I could write about as well but prefer not to do this here.
    Just my 0.2 cents.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and turbo-joe like this.
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Marcel, yes Adolfo told me that, regrettable when there is so much potential as past editions have shown. The biggest problem I saw last year is that the organizer, M.D. put in a lot of effort but was himself presenting the cars on stage during the awards and he was really not the right person for that, monotone voice, not at ease, I saw him at the Geneva show 2 months ago and tactfully made the point and he said yes he would have a dedicated speaker this year, which is some progress...so for my own humble 2 cents I think let's see which direction this goes in, western Switzerland deserves a good concours with so many seriously interesting cars tucked away...

17. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Is it known who restored it?

of2worlds likes this.
  18. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Update :

As previously announced, the fourth edition of the Concours d’Élégance Suisse marks a decisive turning point in the judging process: two Juries will henceforth work together in deciding upon the most impartial assessment. On the one hand, the Jury of Authenticity will continue its mission of appraisal according to traditional criteria, and on the other hand, the newly created Jury of Elegance will bring together key and highly influential personalities from the world of Automobile Design, under the leadership of the President of the Jury: Achim Anscheidt, Design Director at Bugatti.

Elegance is not just a question of taste

It struck Mathias Doutreleau, founder of the Concours d’Élégance Suisse (CES), that the authenticity of the vehicles in the competition could only be matched by their elegance. It thus became apparent to him that the elegance of the lines of the vehicles in the competition should be assessed in the same way as their authenticity, notably by a professional Jury carefully selected from among influential and recognized figures in the world of Automobile Design, architecture, art and the high-end automobile media.

Following its past three successful editions, the CES is launching its fourth event, a unique initiative reviving the tradition of Switzerland’s oldest concours d’élégance: the creation of an elegance jury that complements the authenticity jury, and an approach that marks a major turning point in the field. The CES is thus placing greater importance on assessing the elegance of the cars in the competition, while maintaining the criteria used to judge their authenticity and original condition. Complementing the results of the competition with a rating in recognition of their elegance, and elegance alone, appeared to be an absolute necessity.

"After spending many years immersed in the world of Automobile events, notably The Quail, which I was lucky to have an opportunity to develop across the Atlantic ten years ago - I realised that elegance was not sufficiently emphasized, so we are putting it back in the spotlight today in a bet on the future!" says Mathias Doutreleau.

Naturally, a number of the great names in Automobile Design were delighted with the Founder of the Competition’s proposal and with Achim Anscheidt, Design Director of Bugatti since 2004, accepting the mandate of President of the two CES juries. Clare Haye, a world authority on pre-war Bentleys, Etienne Salomé, an artist and designer involved in the latest Bugatti creations, Tobias Suehlmann, Chief Exterior Designer at Aston Martin Lagonda, and Louis de Fabribeckers, Chief Designer for Touring Superleggera, will assist in developing the future of the event and this new step in the history of elegance competitions internationally.

Spotlight on the new AUTOMOBILE entries

Five hundred and ninety-five years of automotive style and mechanics is an inspiring theme. This fourth edition of the CES promises to be particularly rich in new classes, and a record year in terms of participation with more than 90 cars entering the competition this year. Particular mention should be made of the remarkable presence of the following historic models, stars of the 2019 anniversary classes:

• 1934 Bugatti Type 59 Grand Prix. The first chassis built for the 1934 racing season, it finished third in the Monaco GP that same year, driven by Robert Benoist.
    • 1951 Bentley Mark VI Cresta II Facel Métallon. One of the only two models in the world designed by Jean Daninos, and made by the Facel Metallon workshops on a Bentley Mark VI. Jean Daninos is the author of the design of the famous Facel Vega.
    • 1931 Bentley 8 litre Open Tourer Vanden Plas, the personal car of Woolf Barnato, financial sponsor of the Bentley brand. Woolf Barnato was married in this vehicle.
    • 1937 Bugatti Type 57 C Stelvio Gangloff, Woolf Barnato's last personal car.
    • 1947 Delahaye 135 M Convertible, exhibited at the Geneva Motor Show in 1947.
    • 1925 Bugatti Type 35A, never restored and presented at a concours for the first time.
    • 1939 Bugatti Type 64, the extraordinary prototype car with a profiled body, which will be presented by the Musée National de l’Automobile, Collection Schlumpf.
    • 1936 Citroën Traction 11 coupé, a great rarity that will be presented alongside a rare Worblaufen convertible
    • 1935 S.S. 90 (Jaguar), a prototype of what was to become the legendary Jaguar S.S. 100.
    • 1953 Lancia Aurelia B52 spider bodywork by Vignale that is as rare as it is magnificent.

Best of Sound AWARD

Preserving the elements around which automotive history is built is a doubly interesting subject that has led to the creation of a new Best of Award of the Concours d’Élégance Suisse: The Best of Sound Award, in recognition of the engine sound of the cars on display, in partnership with the very well-known BOSE brand, which has been pushing research to extremes since 1964 in order to provide the best audio systems for the greatest number of people.
    At the dawn of an era of "mute automobiles", the Concours d’Elégance Suisse considered it useful to record the mechanical symphonies of the automobiles that have made an impression on the collective consciousness for more than a hundred years, and to submit them to a blind-judging of the jury, for the latter to decide on the most pleasing sound.
    The approach serves a twofold purpose: on the one hand, to preserve the sound signatures of these cars in the form of archives for future generations, and on the other hand, to invite the jury to adjudicate “blind” for the first time. Until now, juries have always adjudicated according to visual appreciation, which is inevitably influenced by knowledge of the object concerned, and an exceptional car will always have a better chance versus a lesser-known model in the eyes of the latter. A “blind” adjudication compels the jury to decide with greater objectivity, which will undoubtedly result in some pleasant surprises.

HYPER CARS join the show at the CES 2019

Finally, the CES is pleased to announce its partnership with the Epicurean Days Carbon Edition Competition, the first edition of which will be held in 2020 on the same dates and at the same venue as the Concours d’Élégance Suisse. The Epicurean Days Carbon Edition is a competition exclusively dedicated to contemporary super cars using carbon composite to build their chassis and presenting an opportunity for Super and Hyper Cars manufacturers to showcase their designs and advanced technologies in a competition that is totally in keeping with tradition. This partnership stems from shared objectives with regard to preserving the automotive heritage.

A number of hyper cars will be presented at the CES 2019, including a Pagani Huayra, Ferrari LaFerrari, Bugatti Veyron Centenary, a McLaren P1 and a Maserati MC12. Sure to delight regulars, this feature will also excite the attention of seasoned or budding collectors, as well as fans of engines and 2.0 technology.

The Concours d’Élégance Suisse will take place from June 21st to 23rd 2019 in the gardens of the Château de Coppet (Switzerland).

###

Since 2016, the Concours d’Elégance Suisse has been the first European competition to follow the rules for assessing the authenticity and state of origin of cars according to its own guidelines, with a jury assessing traditional authenticity that as of 2019 works together with a jury assessing elegance. It revives the tradition of one of the oldest elegance competitions in Europe, the Concours d'Elégance de Genève (1927-1956). The Concours d’Elégance Suisse is distinguished by the strict rules it applies, by the significant presence of cars from Switzerland and abroad, as well as by its commitment to promoting respect for the authenticity and conservation of vintage cars

19. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
  20. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    when you buy a ticket you see open Saturday and Sunday ( see picture )
    this is wrong
    open for the public is only Sunday

@etienne
    do you have a complete list? would be nice to get it until Saturday noon

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Only on Sunday? That is sad, as I cannot go that day.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

22. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  23. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The black PF is an early production series 1. Has stickers on the Ansa exhaust tips I believe an Abarth exhaust is the correct type?

24. Mathias D

Mathias D Rookie

Jun 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mathias Doutreleau
    Hi VetrosinaNL, I confirm that the Concours is open to the Public on Saturday as of 12pm and Sunday as of 10am. The tickets are CHF25.- on pre-sale and valid for BOTH days. I agree the english text wasn't as clear as the french. We corrected that thanks to your feedback. Hope to greet you on Saturday!

of2worlds likes this.
  25. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    thank you Mathias
    one of the problems is the holiday on Thursday, that means a massiv traffic on Sunday afternoon
    on the other hand Saturday afternoon is relaxed

what I am really missing is the participants list. should I go or stay at home? I have 788 km to drive

have a look on the 2018 catalogue page 104, this is want I and others are waiting for
    what we want are the manufacturer and the typ of the cars, I don´t need the address of the garage where "she" is living

for the past years all information came from Marcel Massini
    a big thank you to him

thank you in advance from Austria