3rd Annual FerrariChat.com Indy Gathering Info... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

3rd Annual FerrariChat.com Indy Gathering Info...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by beast, Apr 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Wow, I really suck at Ferrarichat Dinners in Indianapolis. 2nd year in a row I couldn't find the place. Last year I was on Keystone and couldn't find Ruth Drive... this year I couldn't even find Keystone! Wow, I sure was angry in my car driving around Indianapolis - ended up eating at Chili's.

There is always next year. I am going to have so many different directions and maps, and leave so early it will border on ridiculous.

Nice seeing the Dallas crew, the Houston Crew, and Rob G. at qualifying though... Forza Ferrari!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Rikky, Rob and I will come pick you up at the hotel next year. :) Sorry you couldn't find it again. We were a little late as we got off track as we came from the East and not North this year. Again, there might have been a couple others that never found it. We had a few no shows, but that's typical as people tire out more than they thought at the track.

Thanks everyone for coming out. It's always a pleasure to meet users in person. I wish I could spend more quality time getting to know each of you. I'm also a little shy about large group situations. Please drop me an email if you want to continue any conversations we were having and just want to chat more.

Thank you. No doubt that we have great people that are part of our community.

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I guess i should have given you a call before i left and given you a ride to the place.

Over all a great time had by all and Dave S Awsome Lambo.

Beast

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Becky and I had a great time at dinner. The food was excellent! Primo choice Dave! Thanks to Dave and Rob for setting this up. It was good to meet y'all and get to put faces to names finally. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Rob, you and Greg NEED to drag your butts down to New Orleans this Nov. It is gonna be one HELLUVA PAR-TAY!! ;)

Gotta go now, 12 hrs on the road and I'm wiped out!

Dave

5. WPGManitoba

WPGManitoba Rookie

Jun 11, 2004
    Thanks for the great time at dinner from the Canadians.

I know we all had a great time meeting you all, and admiring some beautiful machinery.
    We were a little worried before going about sticking out like sore thumbs, which I'm sure we still did abit, but everyone was so nice we didn't feel out of place at all.

How did anyone get so lost that they couldn't find the place?
    We came from a different country to a city we've never been to before and didn't even get lost at all on the way.

Thanks again for the great time.

Andre

6. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    We had a great time as well. Both at the track for qualifying and at dinner.

Rob - I guess you all posted bail and made the race!!!! :)

Nice meeting everyone - the cannucks (Andre) - the N'awlins couple (Dave) - Lambo guy (DaveS) - Rob and the Dallas Crew - The other Rob - Cincy Ken - and The Tennessee Hillbillies.

Thanks for a great time and thanks for the Tshirts Rob.

Billy (my) and Danny
    Houston

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We hit 3 more bars that night, the last two we moved only because they closed on us. Funny, I hadn't baby sit in 15 years, but that's what I felt like taking care of 3 grown men. :) They are A+ characters alright.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Here's the pic from Saturday qualifying (Thanks RonR for the pic)...

Back L to R (Rikky, Rob328gts, "The Other Rob", Mello Yellow and kid brother.

Front L to R (RonR, Greg Scott, Jon Owen)