3rd Annual Veterans Car Show - Pictures | Page 3 | FerrariChat

3rd Annual Veterans Car Show - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Feb 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dare I ask about the GTO?

2. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Sure you can, and dare I say, there is a chance it will be drivable. If not drivable, we will put it on a flatbed and get it to the VA that way.

So much has been done to it, it is unreal how Chelle has came up with solutions and made the various parts for the car in the garage. It has been a slow process, but in the end, it should be a wonderful car.

I have a gent that has come on-site for the wetsanding and polishing...it looks so darn good! He will finish up tonight with the waxing and detailing. Then I will put on the badges, shields, and various exterior parts. It really is a completely different car now, I cant wait!

3. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    #53 SpyderGirl, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We are going to town on the car still, wish us luck for a good night of work! :)

Also, if anyone coming out to the car show has a spare 1" x 2' FOC window decal, we could really use one more. Thanks bunches!!

~~back to work~~
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    WOW! That baby looks gorgeous!!!!....:)

5. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    #55 SpyderGirl, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    OMG that baby looks fantastic!. Can't wait to see it live, hopefully today.

What a great day for a party. Folks don't forget your donations! IT's for a great CAUSE.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That engine area means serious business, no kidding.

I can see where you're going with those black rectangles on the vent cover. Nice touch. I'm doing the same eventually.

PS: And just like the McLaren the car has even remote dial-in diagnostics via the built in cellphone. Amazing. :)

8. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Well, 3rd Annual Veteran's Car Show is done...we are beat! :) It was great to see everyone again...stressful, but fun. I am not sure, but I think we hit 90 vehicles this year. The Marines, Model A Club and the Lowrider guys added a great touch. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Rick and Frank, I heard you guys were chattering away with the Vets and I understand there is a picure of you guys spending time with them...I will try and find to post that pics as well. Thanks bunches!

Sir Skip took our oldest Veteran for a ride in his Roller for the Parade for Veterans after the car show Miss Barbara loved the ride, Frank drove my boss, the Assoc. Dir/Nurse Exec. for the Parade this year, I think she is getting the bug pretty bad! :) Thank guys!! And thanks for the donations for the Vets as well. :)

Andreas, hope you feel better very soon, and thanks for coming out even being a bit under the weather. Great Photos too!!

I am exhausted, time to take a nap...thanks again, and will start working on the 4th one soon! :)

My best,

Haley

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes....that is the nature of this beast!....:) I LOVE talking to people. I will talk to ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Anywhere, Anytime...:)....(whether they are listening or not....:) ) And, I love to listen to people and hear their stories. Hey!....How else are you going to learn new stuff?...:) Rick does too!

One of the coolest jobs I ever had was being a bartender. I did it on and off for about 5 years when I was in my early 20's. (The early 1980's) Really cool listening to other people....as long as they aren't talking B.S. that is....Those guys were really cool. They said that I looked like I'd been through a war or two myself....:(

Here are a few I took.....

10. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Nahh...not a war, just a well traveled life :)

Kim took a skillion pictures! (technical number?) When the webpage is made, I will get the link up to it. From what I gather, she got every vehicle that was there.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, Kim had a 'Puter load 'o pix!....:) She did a great job of capturing all of the cars.