4-10-04 Saturday Drive Pictures | Page 4 | FerrariChat

4-10-04 Saturday Drive Pictures

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Should have said that Michael personally autographed my car - that would have made the discussion more interesting...;-)

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    So what IS the little white squiggle then?

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    It would certainly be an odd place for a MS autograph.

4. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    It must be lint on Willis's camera lens...;-)

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I know what it is. Here's a zoomed picture of the section taken from the large original.

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Just a light reflection.

7. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    just as I got all exited about the signature...

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I think someone has to buy an enzo to have his signature on it.

9. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I thought that the signs for the freeway entrance was confusing myself so it wasn't only you...I thought of taking a picture of the group u-turn but my camera was already stowed away in its bag. Your 360 has one of my favorite interior color.

10. pogibm

pogibm Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Randy Madamba
    Thanks Steve and Dave H. for inviting me for the drive, I really enjoyed it and was a pleasure to meet the group. Hopefully the Mondial is done by the next drive, just feels kind a funny tagging along in a Benz.

Randy:

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Randy,
    Don't feel funny about the Benz. We have had 'chase' cars of all types including a white Honda driven by Handa. Very good to meet you. See you at the tech session at Tacoma Alfa Saturday?

12. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Hey Randy, glad to have met you that day. And please, there is no need to feel funny and I wouldn't consider it as tagging along either. As you know, ownership of a Ferrari is not required to be in the club in the first place, not to mention that you have two of them in your stable. Feel free to drive whatever you like to any of the drives or meets, you can even take a Kenmore semi-truck if you wish, afterall, it the the person behind the wheel that counts. :)

13. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Was that you that I saw on I-405 when I was coming back from semiahmoo sunday?

14. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Man!, I feel a lot better since what one drives on a rally doesn't matter that much. So, I have a burning question. When I show up with my 1987 Vovo wagon with 230,000 miles on it, do I open the lift gate in the back or the hood in the front when I park it ?
    When I think of all those beautiful powerplants that are exposed in the parking area, maybe I won't open anything.....not even my mouth.

15. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Randy, It was nice meeting you too!

16. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Bob, you missed a fantastic drive!

17. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Sorry I got you all worked up about it. It would have been so cool if it had been a signature.

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Randy, nice meeting you and I'm impressed with the condition of that benz, especially for almost 200k miles on the clock. :)

19. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Maybe it is just me on a Monday morning, but I fail to see the point you are trying to make here. Do feel free to clarify your point if you will.

As I stated before, you can drive or ride (If you want to ride a horse or a donkey to the meet, its all up to you) whatever you like to any of the drives or meets. As for what you want to open or leave open, again that is your choice, regardless if it is your mouth or your flies that you chose to leave open. It may land you a evening in jail next to a big man name "Bubba", but that's another story entirely.

20. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Guilty as charged. :)

21. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Randy, as others said, more important that YOU come, than your Ferrari. I've driven my old white Honda (now departed...) on more than one occaision because my Ferrari was in the shop or something. Funny pushing that car to 110 trying to keep up. At least now I have a "back up" car with decent performance to keep up!

Hey, there is an article in the May 04 Car & Driver on the new BMW 545i and they make referrence to the Merc 500E, and it setting the standard!

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I'LL sign it for you Albert!

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    He gets it. He was just having a little fun with our habit of opening engine hatches when we stop.

24. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    WOW !

You guys must have had a blast. Steve are you planning on driving the F40 to Cannon Beach, I wouldnt blame you for leaving such a amazing F-car home in the stables!

Stewart what is a 318 GTO ( in your profile ) in case you all didnt guess by now I am a novice to the whole F-car world so just need a lot of patience.

I just wonder if the So Ca guys wouldnt think SF is halfway. Is anyone from Seattle driving their F-car to the big event this Sept?

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hi Randy,
    I am new to it too compared to some of these guys. Stewarts 318 GTO is a 308 GTB with a 288 GTO nose on it. I always thought of it as a 388.

The car has had extensive modifications to the suspension and engine one of which is direct fire ignition. You'll have to ask him for the rest of the details if and when he ever comes back from Vegas!!!!