430 - 4 beeps when unlock and door open? | FerrariChat

430 4 beeps when unlock and door open?

Discussion in '360/430' started by nickorette, Apr 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    After I unlock the car then open the door I get 4 quick alarm chrips. Any ideas?

I tried looking through the manual and didn't see anything. Recently did a battery disconnect, but followed the 15 minute restart proceedure, not sure what it is? Done battery disconnects before, never had this problem before

2. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Mine does the same - it will chirp 4 times after pressing the fob button.

I am not an expert, but I have read that this is due to the battery being dead on the alarm module (which I understand is soldered onto the IC board, therefore not easily replaceable, although there are methods to replace).

If you do a search on "alarm battery" you should find some interesting info that might be helpful.

I don't see this as an issue, so I haven't taken any action on mine.

3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    My 360 Spider does exactly the same since the day I purchased it.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Look in your alarm manual and it will tell you four chirps means a panel is open, door, front cover, engine cover, etc.

5. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Thanks, Taz! I'll have to take a look, I didn't realize that. When I get in the car, I hit the fob button (which I thought interacts with the immobilizer in order to start the car - if I don't do this, it will crank but not start) and I always get 4 chirps, every single time. I can't imagine that something is open 100% of the time for me...but maybe there is a faulty sensor or something? I'm not even sure where to start to even check this, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to a thread on the alarm for the OP that might be helpful: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/alarm-battery-upgrade-on-360-killing-the-red-dash-led.111884/

6. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Isn't the OP talking about a 430 ?

7. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    The issue is the chirps happen when opening the door after unlocking -not after trying to lock. No problem or chirps when locking.

8. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Sorry, I usually read via my phone app, and it doesn't show the 360/430 in the title like it does on the web.

Mine chirps 4 times when unlocking too.

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sorry- Thought it was a 360.

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That’s not normal on a 430, likely a sensor is bad somewhere or low battery. I had a bad door lock sensor when it was doing it on my 430. Does not chirp anymore since the sensor was replaced

11. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Ok, just an update:

I have discovered that the beeps occur maybe 20-30 seconds after locking, then immediately after unlocking, regardless of the doors being opened or not

Also it seems to disappear with use, if I'm out and about, in/out a few times, after a bit it won't beep when unlocking/locking

12. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I had a similar frustrating and mystifying series of beeps on my 360, a bit after locking and after unlocking. It turned out to be a bad battery in the alarm siren, as others have suggested above. I just had the siren and battery replaced by the dealership; others have successfully replaced only the battery, which is a DIY job. In any event, the new battery (and siren) solved my mysterious beeps.