4 months on the lift and runs perfect | FerrariChat

4 months on the lift and runs perfect

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MOSS, Jul 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    My 90 has 13k miles and because of the number of cars I have in the collection some times these cars sit awhile and it scares me of the problems that can develop. Battery tender multi head units take care of the collection and they work well. Fired the Tr up and it ran as good or better than it ever has. Really enjoyed the drive and performance. The only TR I have owned that shifts to second perfectly when cold. Cold A/C and a very smooth ride! Still love these cars.

blkdiablo33 and peteficarra like this.
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    shifts to second when cold!? that alone is an accomplishment haha. Nice work, would love to see pics of your collection sometime.

MOSS likes this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i feel same way,mine with redine trans oil shifts to 2nd when cold also,on your ac what does it blow out temp mine last week 95 outside blowing 60 from vents

4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    60 is awfully good! My system is pretty new or a couple of months old since the dash had to be taken apart and all the necessary dryer, etc replaced and charged with R12 and it feels super cold. I will check the temp and let you know. Hard to beat 60 at the vents on 98 degree day.

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    ac is just ok i dont really use it dont want to load the electrical system it has r-12 my f430 is ice cold like all the new modern cars ,i really enjoy the drive on my tr just never have enough time to enjoy my cars .f 430 is another one i have not been bored of love that car

6. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Actually, come to think of it, the evaporator should be around 40 degrees which puts the air at the vent around 45-50 degrees. I did not charge it but the tech told me. I will look at it again. The gauge low side head pressure corresponds to a evaporator temp and it is surprisingly close. If you are the one charging then what it is reading on the gauge will be very close to outlet air temp. Mine is pleasantly cold so it may be closer to 50. I will check. The TR blows air pretty hard for the year model. Fan speed is really good. Most cars that age don't have a step up relay to kick the fan speed up on max.

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    45/50 would be really good mine is just ok but again i dont really use it i put it on sometimes just to get it working and excercise the system heat and ac i reguarly excercise them to keep them going havnt driven mine for close to a month needs a smog test so gonna take it out ,even if have no time i try to at least take it out a few miles in the neighborhood once a month just to keep things oiled and so on

MOSS likes this.