400 Production Enzos? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

400 Production Enzos?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by NSXER, Feb 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lith

Lith Rookie

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nick
    woah, a thread back from the dead :) According to VINwiki (dunno how much you want to trust it really), there are 493 Enzos listed. Someone in this thread mentioned it's around 500, and I'm inclined to believe them now. I remember back in the day when the Enzo came out, people were skeptical about the quoted production numbers.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'm up to 501 Enzo serial numbers, and have it on good authority that between 520-540 were built.

technom3 likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Does that 501 figure include the extra ones "rebuilt" after major accidents with the same s/n as the original or would that only count as one car since it's the same s/n?

rampante550 likes this.
  4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    My count does not include those cars whose VINs were re-assigned to brand new Enzos that were dubbed as "repaired" when they were really replacements. So, I guess you can add another, say, half dozen or so to the list if you count those as well.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    If this practice of producing more than the stated limit occurred with something like the Monza (500 units) and you were trying to qualify the vehicle for Show & Display driveability in the U.S., who clears up the production line figure with produced figure for the applicable authorities? Is there even that much research done? Does Ferrari "lie"? Just a grey area?

6. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Common ! That never happened !

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Not talking crap.... Sincerely interested. What kind of person would/could confirm this? Just curious

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Someone who was intimately involved with Enzo development from the beginning of its aesthetic consideration until well after all units were delivered.

technom3 likes this.
  9. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    I personally - with respective first-hand insight in the very topic myself - don't see the number as high as 520 or even 540. This would indicate a fairly amount of either stand-alone Enzos within the known regular production sequece (128778-139305) apart from respective long(er) production strings or quite some post production cars with pre-production serials...and looking how well documented Enzos have become in terms of available information and photo sources ever since through various channels, I find it rather unlikely, that there should be an additinal 20-40 unknown cars out there...especially as only ~5% of the known Enzos so far are stand-alone cars.