400GT ZF Power steering pump seal kit | FerrariChat

400GT ZF Power steering pump seal kit

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 15765, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a seal and O-ring kit for a 400 series Ferrari,

2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    As you probably have noticed, the steering box is of ZF manufacture. Enzo went to the usual parts bin for almost everything on this car, so it was somewhat a common piece used in MBs and BMWs, and some Volvos of the '70s-'80s. I found a large re-builder in the Midwest U.S. that claimed to be able to repair any steering box on the planet.
    but cannot remember the name. If and when you succeed in your search, please let me and the entire Google is your best friend. Thank you. Jq.

3. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I'm sorry, I meant I need the kit for the pump.

Chuck

4. Stefan Elshout

Stefan Elshout Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    Holland
    These are 100% commonly available orings, bearings and seals that you can get around every corner (they are metric sizes so not sure about US). I bought them a while ago and all parts together were around $6,-
    Forgot what exact parts they were but just take it apart and you can get the parts no problem.

5. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    I have an NOS power steering box if interested.
    Norbert

6. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Shouldn't be a problem. I sourced mine from JaaGee steering seals in the UK, Kit No. 11897

If you contact them, remind them that the main seal wasn't the correct size, but they did send out the correct one once the issue was raised.

Yours might be different, but the calipers are on my original one compared to the one supplied in the kit.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I'm actually looking for a LHD steering box

8. juvuk

juvuk Rookie

Aug 24, 2011
    Hi,
    I don't suppose you have a link for them?

9. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  10. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    And don't forget to use the proper fluid, as new ATF is compatible with old ATF2 in a gearbox, but two thin for a steering box.

New ATF2 is usually ATF3 with less additives. Our steering boxes do require the cold viscosity of the old ATF2 formula.