400i Spider at BHCC! | FerrariChat

400i Spider at BHCC!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by wda24729, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
  2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I think we've seen this one before, at least another black one with a similar saggy ass.
    I noticed a hyd cylinder attached to the rear stabilizer bar, apparently to adjust ride height.
    There sure is a lot tubing under that one, I'd like to get it on a scale, I'll bet it's close to 5000#

3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Ross.... rear hydraulics look normal to me, same as on my '85...did notice bent front grill, both outside seat recliner covers missing, fan knob on console, tires, etc.
    It has needs, but if you want a convertible, not many out there.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gary

4. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    The rear of that car would go up as the engine starts and pumps oil into the rear suspension.

5. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Agreed. Same as on my car. Folks selling these cars that dont know them well should fire them up so the rear suspension comes up to normal position, otherwise it looks like something is wrong. That being said, it is pretty common to need to rebuild the rear suspension hydraulics.

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #6 It's Ross, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    I see. My car has standard Konis so I'm not familiar(thank you) with the leveling system. The plumbing on the BHCC car looks molested compared to yours.
    Can I assume that a car with a healthy system would maintain it's ride height after shutdown? Sure does look silly squatting like that.
    Going back to the ad photos I also notice the rear exhaust. Cherry Bombs, oh brother.
    True, not many around. I wonder what happened to the one Mitch had. I think his was one of the turds he saved with lots of love and cash.

7. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Ross...yes, when the system is functioning correctly, it works just fine, mine has been sitting for 3 weeks now and does not squat or settle down, the ride is firm but not harsh, and will be even better when I pop on 4 new TRX's.
    And I know a few cars have been redone with standard shocks, which is OK as we all know how difficult to find and $$$ parts can be......if/when that day comes I will have to make that choice also.

Gary

8. robinlarry

robinlarry Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Any idea who did the conversion. Doesn't look like a Straham. And those bars must weight a lot.