412P 0850 at Pebble Beach. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

412P 0850 at Pebble Beach.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by miurasv, Aug 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I think Classiche dropped the ball in the interior which I believe is too orange red and plastic looking, otherwise it was good to see my old friend again.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I couldn't comment on the colour of the interior but at least it has the correct seating arrangement, unlike the other 412P that was restored in the last few years, the owner of which was very quick to criticise other people's restorations of cars from this group.

3. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If you are talking about Jim Glickenhaus, I would wager the "seating arrangements" in his car 0854 are the way they are because he uses it regularly and has probably gone for comfort over originality. Just a guess.

4. ted walker

ted walker Karting

Feb 7, 2009
    gloucestershire UK
    Full Name:
    edward walker
    re post 49. Surely the wheels were blue because of the Col Hoare connection ????

5. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I totally agree. The car is superb in this configuration, but it's above all a race car!
    It seems to me that all the other racing cars presented this year to PB are in their racing configuration, although not necessarily totally accurate...

6. Caravelle

Caravelle Rookie

May 17, 2009
    AMEN! Seeing Lawrence Stroll's P4 0856 for the first time on Firestone racing tires of the era with the gold writing , the proper tire contour and correct profile just makes this car so much more striking! I would love to see James Glickenhaus' P3/4 0846 and P4 0858 on these tires, also. Thanks anyway!