430 Challenge Engine Bonnet on a 360? | FerrariChat

430 Challenge Engine Bonnet on a 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mickster, Mar 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Hi guys!

Anyone of you know if a 430 Challenge Engine Bonnet will be a direct fit on a 360 Modena?

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Its the same apart from fitment of pins to secure it rather than electric solenoid contact plate. So you need to fill the holes and swap over hardware from old bonnet then it pretty much becomes identical.

3. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    As I suspected. Since you being the ”430 Challenge parts to 360” expert, I need to ask: Is the 430 Challenge engine bonnet made from Aluminium, CF or fiber glass (i know the ”glass” is made of lexan)?

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Standard part starts out as 360/F430 aluminum part and is modified to accept bonnet pins. The much rarer GT2/GTC parts are upgraded to Carbon, done by MS Productions on behalf on Michelotto, Ferrari's factory tuner.

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  6. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Awesome , what is the NACA duct delivering air too ? Is it going to Pro-sport so they can make them :) . What was the weight reduction ?

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have a ton of MS Productions carbon parts made for Ducati Corse. Sometimes they need some extra treatment for UV protection and such. FYI.

8. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    You unimaginable schwein for posting that! Beautiful!!!

I’m considering going full mental retard and buy myself some of these weight saving parts. Haven’t decided yet though...

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The older 360 N-GT, 360 GTC and 430 GTC Cabon Michelotto parts are sadly completely 'unobtainium' so it doesn't really matter (within reason!) how much you offered you'd still need to be the owner of one of the highly limited series production cars (think $400k+ cars) to even complete an order. This means have proof of ownership with which to place the order, even then it would likely take months as they are produced one-off for you in most cases. I'd hate to hazard a guess but I'm guessing even just the carbon bonnet is north of $40k these days. However having said all that I do recall a member on here once produced a full carbon replica bonnet with naca duct (unsure of if it was based off the same MS Productions stuff) but he also did the wider front wings too so its likely he had access to an original car... Maybe a search might reveal it but it was a good few years ago now sadly so might take some finding!

10. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Thanks’ for sharing.
    I know these parts are rarer than hens’ teeth but they sure do the trick if one likes to save weight.
    Before I bought my 360 I searched all over for useful info and remember stumbling over a CF replica Michelotto hood. Ex naca duct though. IIRC it was something like 500$ and You might imagine how I blame myself for not jumping at it at the time...