430 exhaust in a 360 Need Help | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 exhaust in a 360 Need Help

Discussion in '360/430' started by nchhotu, Mar 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Yes.. But so hard to find.

2. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    MD. A CS exhaust and a modded 430 exhaust fitted to a 360 at 6000 RPM u wud be pretty Gud if u could tell the difference between the 2. I have 430 muffler on my 360 makes the hair on bak of my neck stand wen I floor it. Best sound exhaust out there for me. Gud luk.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

my CS muffler starts to give this shaking noise and it seems something inside is loose
    so I took it out and shake it. What a shame, it seems there's a metal bar inside scooting around! some pics are coming, stay tuned.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#29 24000rpm, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    so here's my bad CS muffler, I only have one hand to flip the thing thus can't shake it, so you'll hear one loud noise inside once it was flipped.
    https://youtu.be/QOiex6x_eI8

And you'll see the F430 muffler is really the same from outside as the CS muffler, except the casting around connection area and a bracket and 2 holes for a "protection cover". Inside? I don't know. i started up the car with 430 muffler and I do heard a tiny bit of a difference.
    Took me 30 minutes for the swap and there are only 4 nuts on each side.

Interestingly, the CS muffler has "F131E" on it and he F430 muffler has "F131E 01" instead. I thought the 360s are F131 without E?

I simply don't understand what the "protection covers" are for in the CS as 430 doesn't have it.

Now how do I repair the CS muffler? Where to cut it open in order to make minimal damage to the outside?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
  6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#31 24000rpm, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    some details of what happened inside the CS muffler box.
    note that it has 2 layers of sheet metal

7. Speedracer800

Speedracer800 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I've got 2 sets extra of modified f430 pipes ready to go if anyone is interested? 1 set started as brand new (in the box) before I cut and shortened them. The other set was a slightly used pair but in excellent condition. Everything tig welded beautifully together and fit perfectly as I built a jig from a new pair of genuine CS pipes to ensure the modified f430 pipes would be an exact fit.

I have a pair on my car that has been ceramic coated in black and they look and sound amazing. I built a couple additional pairs to offer up here to forum members. I'm only looking for my cost on the original pipes and a few bucks for my time.. Not trying to "make" a bunch of money.. Only an enthusiast looking to help out other enthusiasts.

Pm me if you're interested. Certainly don't mean to hijack your thread.. Just thought there could be some interested people reading here.