430 - 430 intake cavalino paint | FerrariChat

430 430 intake cavalino paint

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eddie v, Jul 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Wondering if anyone knows where to get high temp paint to match the intake on a 430. The paint in the shield around the cavalino has worn off. Thanks! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Good Luck with this. My intake had blemishes when I bought the car and I finally just painted the whole thing yellow to match the car.
    Painting the shield was the hardest part, except stripping the red paint off the intake and sanding. Worth the effort as I now have one of only two yellow intakes.

3. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Sounds like something I need to see!! Where did you get the yellow paint you used?

4. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
  5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Discounting the need to have a body shop do it, could you try some of the VHT high temp paints at any auto store?
    VHT makes a red wrinkle paint if you think you need to do wrinkle. Since it sits apart and above, you maybe able to get away with just a general red high temp paint and not wrinkle.

When I want to use a spray paint for a small area I spray into a cup and use a fine tip brush like an artists brush.

Like this

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vht-sp204

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I'ma follow this thread. I'd sure ratehr touch-up some blemishes than repaint..... but I ain't skeered of it, if I have to.

7. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    colorfull, van22 and BruceC like this.
  8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I think the concern would be the heat that gets generated when parked after a long drive in a garage ..it gets hot in there

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

9. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    If you paint the shield by itself it surely won’t match the rest of the intake color due to age/fading.

10. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    High heat paint is not the answer. Neither is a powder coat. I wanted my Viper valve covers and other parts to match Snake Skin Green so I tried a powder coat. After numerous failures, the powder coater asked my why I didn't just have everything painted with the body paint. I said because of the heat. He laughed and said open your hood and look underneath. Do you think they used a special high heat paint there? So I took his advise and never had a heat or color match problem.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BruceC and F131 one of one like this.
  11. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    That’s what I’m afraid of. Maybe paint the shield black to match the body? Might look wonky tho - red intake, black shield, silver cavalino.

Yesitsfast likes this.