430 reliability issues? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 reliability issues?

Discussion in '360/430' started by jvan21, Feb 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Ferrari is different; I had a 10 year old 360, bought privately, called my nearby dealership with a question, they ran the VIN and determined a campaign was outstanding (variator) and asked me when I'd like to take it in to be fixed free of charge. Dealership had never seen the car, nor me, prior to that. They were actually wrong about the campaign being needed, but that's moot.

2. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    classy stuff!

3. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    F430 is a fantastic car, but the rattlling sound from the front suspensions is killing me. Dealer just keep telling me that need to oil the bushing and the noise keep coming back. it seems that there is no proper way to fix it.

Other than that the bushing of my M/T gear-box also need to replaced again. Luckly it is still under warranty.

Other that the car is great.

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That happened to mine. I got the bushings replaced under warranty. Problem solved. Talk to your dealer.

Dave

5. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    Dave, May I ask which bushings have your dealer replaced? Dealer in HK seems try to convince me to just get the bush greased.

Thanks for your info..

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My receipt states it was the front sway bar bushings.

Dave

7. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    My '07 F430 has around 4K miles (I know, I know... I have too many cars, a very short commute to work and I travel a lot).

Mechanically the car has been perfect, but I am on my 2nd set of exhaust tips (which aren't really tips, but entire assemblies) on both sides. Both times they just broke and I ended up with what sounded like a bunch of BB's in a coffee can at certain RPMs.

I've had all the exhaust bracket campaigns done, so hopefully these will last.

Frank

8. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    Thanks very much Dave, I'll talk to the dealer first thing in the morning and let you guys know how it turns out, hopefully this replacement can solve out my annoying front suspension issue.

Really appreciate it

9. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    Dealer replys as they need to inspect the car to see if the bushings are really needed to be replaced. HK Ferrari dealer is not as good as yours in the state i just guess. I shall wait for 3 weeks before I can get my car into the dealer for their inspections. The service adviser told me that it has never been done for the noise issue. Just unbeliveable.

Keep you guys informed on this issue.