430 Scuderia - clutch and brakes measure | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia - clutch and brakes measure

Discussion in '360/430' started by Car_Lito_1, Nov 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Car_Lito_1

Car_Lito_1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pero Peric
    Hi everyone. I am from Switzerland and new to this forum. Absolutely great site, lot of information, polite conversations, etc.
    I am actively looking to buy a Scud - crazy market at the moment - no cars are selling and sellers are not keen to reduce prices - anyway that is another discussion....
    I have seen some great posts here about around what to look for, etc, so don't want to repeat that. My questions are basically the following:

1) what is a reasonable clutch, brake pads, discs wear percentage for a car around 20.000km (12.500miles)? E.G. currently one car has 85%, 50% and 90% respectively - is that in line with a normal driving?
    2) at what percentage do ALL these parts need changing usually? e.g. are the pads useless when they are at 30% or can one drive until really approaching single digit percentages? E.G. On non CC brakes when pads are below 30% the heat transfer to callipers is preventing optimal braking when driving properly.
    3) is there anything significant that Ferrari powere guarantee is not covering in your view?
    4) is buying a car that has done virtually zero miles within first five years, and then 10k miles until now a bad idea?

Many thanks in advance!
    Carlito

2. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    1. Clutch (and brake) wear is how you drive it. If you only drive on freeway across Europe. It will last 100k. If you only drive in Zurich during traffic. It will last 5k. There is no standard

2. You don’t want it to scud brake pad go down past 40%. As there are copper studs (to hold pad material) that might damage expensive rotors. But Scud pads are just Chevy zr1/z06/z28 pads. See my other thread (this week). They are pretty cheap. $450 for the pads.

4. Yeap. Low mile car will be leaking fluids everywhere. All gaskets dry rotted.

Manda racing likes this.