430 Scuderia Tire pressure (stock tires) | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia Tire pressure (stock tires)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Knightrider, Aug 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Just wondering what the general consensus is on what tire pressure to run on the street on stock Pirelli's?

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I just follow the factory instructions on the side door

f355spider likes this.
  3. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    depends on the road, door pressure is too much. IMHO

4. Jappo

Jappo Rookie

Mar 23, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Anyone else suffering endless problems with the TPM calibration constantly going wrong?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Your TPMS batteries are probably nearly gone and the sensors need replacing. The latest Generation 1.5 sensors have longer battery life. It was only 3-5 years on Gen 1 sensors.

6. Jappo

Jappo Rookie

Mar 23, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Replaced 4 weeks ago.

7. frogwo

frogwo Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2005
    Factory spec front 30 rear 29. Check to see if the campaign for replacement tires was done.
    If not bring to authorized dealer Four new tires.

8. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Thanks to everyone that replied. I have new tires that were intalled 400 miles ago. I have been running stock, but I know that sometimes, especially after 6 years of this model being out, that sometimes it's better to run higher/lower numbers as discovered by driving on them over time.

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Resurrecting this old thread as I've been thinking about adjusting tire pressures as a way to affect the front-rear balance of the car. Specifically, I am wondering if anyone has run increased pressures up front in an effort to reduce understeer. If so, let us know your experiences/impressions. Thanks!

10. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmm, wouldn't increasing front tires cause more understeer? I'm sure there is a optimum pressure for optimum balance.

11. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    I have never pay any attention to the tire pressure specs on the inside of the driver's door, unless the car is brand new. A previous owner may have changed tires, thus rendering the min/max pressure in the door info wrong. I normally run the minimum pressure + 5 lbs, as stated on the tire.