430 Throttle body in 2003 360 | FerrariChat

430 Throttle body in 2003 360

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by nchhotu, Jul 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I have updated my MAF,s to the CS and the ECU's and TCU have been flashed to the CS spec. I. Now replacing the AFM or throttle body's to the CS which are the same as the 430 and many other ferraris. My question is what do you do with the small hose that goes to each of the TB. The hose comes from the black oil canister. The CS also shares same TB so how is that hose routed?
    Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    #2 Ghostdiver, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Okay, dumb question here....in doing my research, I saw that the TB's are the same for the 360 and CS...is this not correct? I know the MAF for the CS is the same as the 430/599.

3. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I believe You are correct. I've just read that the bigger TB with the exhaust CS MAF's and CS ECU/ TCU reflash really improved the car overall. I just need to know when they changed out the TB to the 430 how did they reroute the oil vapor/gas line. I got a hold of a pair of TB real cheap so it worth trying it out.

Ghostdiver likes this.
  4. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Looks like the oil vapor hose goes into the rubber sleeve in the 430 rather than the TB.

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sorry Nick, haven't had time to come back to you yet...

You need to block off the vapor holes (they aren't required on a 360 application).

I'll give extensive details soon as I get some time

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The MAF's *require* the AFM Linearization maps from a CS to work correctly on a reflashed 360 ecu...

7. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Just talked to Steve from Mase engineering, he stated I had the CS maps flashed on my ECU's that includes AFM linearization maps.

I have installed the TB re-routed th ed vapor lines to the 430 rubber sleeve. Only fitting issue is the TB on the intake cover.

8. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Thanks Trev! In fitting the main issue is the TB to the cover. i have just tightened it with a clamp for now...must be a better solution. My ECU's were flashed with CS map that required me to change out the MAF's.

9. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Just completed the ECU cold start process with the new TB. Engine started right away and came to a smooth idle with 5 seconds. 1st run kept RPM's under 3k mainly in 3rd and 4th gear. Car engine felt significantly smoother and gear changes felt smoother as before in sport mode low gear changes were sometimes a little agricultural. I can definitely feel the throttle being more sensitive. I drove 5miles let it idle for 5min turned car off. I waited 5min car started perfectly. I am going to take it on a longer drive later this evening. I will drive normal no erratic shifting or high revs till ECU adapts to the larger TB.